feeling like a true apostate today

by truthwillsetyoufree 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthwillsetyoufree
    truthwillsetyoufree

It was back in 2011 when I was convinced that jws dont have the truth. I rejected so many teachings and was open about that to members of my family. It took me another year to pluck up the courage to attend other churches. But today I feel like I have achieved the highest level of apostasy - I was active in trying to stop the efforts of the preaching work in my area. That was always said to be sinning against the holy spirit as u are trying to stop Jehovah's most important work and could be likened to nimrod, a mighty man in opposition to Jehovah. Well I was busy window cleaning in an elderly residential area and who should pop around but a group of jws! They were leaving tracts with people and with those not at home. With one elderly customer they stopped for quite awhile. When they left I noticed them writing down her details in order to call back on her. She's a very elderly niave lady. But as it happens as I got round to clean her windows her son and daughter in law came. Before going inside I told them I was concerned because the jws had been around, spoken to their mum, left literature and told them that I had saw them right down her details in order to call again. They were naturally alarmed by this and so went inside and dealt with the matter. Later he came out and thanked me for keeping an eye on her mum and telling them about the situation . I advised him to put a no religious callers sign on the door to prevent it from happening again. As I continued cleaning windows I decided to gather up as many of the tracks that I could get my hands on and threw them in the bin. Funny thing is, I don't even feel guilty about it! I felt good that I had prevented the jws from doing too much damage in that area with their teachings. Part of me wants to be really proactive in trying to stop this religion. Ones such as Raymond Franz and Barbara Anderson, ceders should all be commended for their hard work over the years as they are or have been at the forefront of being active in trying to halt this religion and help prevent people from being decieved and helping ones like us to open our eyes and come out of this destructive religion. Whilst the majority of us haven't the ability to do what they are doing, sometimes opportunities come up for us to do a little something in order to help prevent the spread of jws and I hope we can all take up those opportunities in order to show our appreciation to those that helped us to open our eyes to TTATT. Keep up the good work everyone! And feel free to post ur own comments on how u too have personally helped prevent the jws from getting their claws in!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I advised him to put a no religious callers sign on the door to prevent it from happening again.

Good advice, since the old lady may be too timid to tell them she is not interested next time they come around.

• luna2
    luna2

Good work, truthwillsetyoufree!

Most people I talk to these days have more sense than to get involved with JWs. The best I've ever been able to do is advise people not to go to work for certain JWs...and this was when I was one.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Way to Go!!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Good work truthwillsetyoufree!

I have done the same thing at my condo complex by picking up left propaganda, engaging in conversations with JWs to plant seeds of doubt, and writing to the management association to call the KH to put the whole condo complex on the do not call list. JWs will probably ignor do not call requests, but it is better to refuse JW.org propaganda than except it.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

It's a good thing you saw them talking to the elderly woman, and that her family came by in time for you to alert them about what had happened so they could act on it. If it happens again, could you have the number of the kh to give to whomever so they could call and tell the jw's to place their address on the dnc list?

I think most people don't even look at the tracts, just put them in the trash, but you never know who you might have saved!

• clarity
    clarity

Welcome truthwillsetyoufree...and thanks for

posting your antiwitnessing. A big step at first

is'nt it? Good for you!

Glad you woke up and are free to research & ask

questions & doubt. Can you imagine any normal

person even contemplating for 1 minute that thinking,

researching or doubting/judging is FORBIDDEN!!!hahah

Anyway looking forward to to hearing from you again.

clarity

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

well, the only benefit to an elderly person comming to the kingdom hall would be to add another number to the membershipand another means of cash donations

shed be useless for service.

on the plus side for her, maybe, if she doesnt already have one at all, would be a social life a few days a week.

shes old shed die before she could do anything other than donate money. If she even has any money for that purpose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit