That's it......

by whathehadas 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Are you thinking about the struggle in circles? Are the thoughts persistent? Therapy would be a great idea. Most people don't know much about the Witnesses so you will have to explain why they are so problematic to a therapist. I told my md in detail. He ended up thanking me for my insights b/cmy contributions enabled him to help someone else who wanted to leave. Professionals don't like people who overreach. Boundaries should exist.I worry because there was a frantic tone to your post. Believe me, I have been frantic.

The transition between Witnesses and freedom is difficult for most people. Some people post here as though you just walk away the day you realize the lies. It is not realistic. I've screeched, burned New World Translation Bibles, cried, rocked. There are jubilant moments of exhiliration. I decided to risk a grade and studied New Testament in college. It helped me to see that there is no way the Witnesses can be correct. Students came from around the globe. Later, I stumbled into a church b/c the subway was broken. It fit me like a glove.

I feel so inarticulate. The world can be so beautiful that only true evil would destroy it. Or a random comet with time. The Witnesses let me appreciate so much. I don't take it for granted.

I end up telling people about my Witness past sometimes. Strangers end up on the floor, laughing so hard.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

FEELING weird.....isn't actually weird.

JW "stuff" will always come up. Its part of how you ended up how you are. At 26, you have a massive life ahead of you. Dont' force things, accept them as they come. There is no normal. we are a collection of strange people, with different degrees of coping.

You are young, you were raised a certain way. Now take the good it did and use it, and take the bad it did and learn from it.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

I appreciate all the advice and kind words. I've been really depressed these last few months. I have thought about suicide off and on. The death of Robin Williams has really kept that on my mind. Gladly, I'm too scared to end my life and I do want to see what another day will bring. I would hate for the JW to think that I couldn't take being away from the WT. That's why I will continue to fight on with my struggles. It would be nice to talk to some of you and hear your voice. Someone on here that lives near me, had DM their number to talk. I never called them and it's been a little over a year ago. Shame on me. I try to make friends but it would be easier to get to know ones that have had similar experiences to mine.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

What part of the world are you in?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I guess most people probably think they are weirder than everyone else, because nobody really compares their weirdness to other’s weirdness, to find out how weird they really are; and everyone tries to appear ‘normal’ anyway- but deep down most people are weird I think.
    And it’s normal to think that the past is crap- because it is. We only live once, and so make many mistakes- they are the price of progress in life.
    It’s important not to get down about it, but pursue your hobbies & interests- getting as much as you can out of life- and good things (and people) will naturally come into your life in your activities.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Most" normal" people think jehovahs witnesses are nutters ( and their right we were ) so when you meet new people/freinds , the last thing you should do is tell them you were a JW , dont bring it up , if someone brings them up in conversation play dumb , agree that they must be weirdos .

smiddy

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

I take “normal” as being a average person with every day problems. I do know that there are crazy people out here. Some even crazier than the witnesses. I do think that with making friends after having a past in the Borg. You should be open and honest about it. I don't have to tell them everything but letting them know a little of the background can make me more comfortable in future situations around them. I think it's hard to ignore it after recently leaving. That's my whole issue right now. The JW have made me what I am today.

@problemaddict I'm in the U.S, in California

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You worry too much about the past. There are plenty of people who grew up in Shitville, or who are running from a crappy past- but they aren’t looking back! You should want to hang out with people who are going places, making plans and looking ahead to the future. To worry about the past, and to think it means something, is futile- the past is gone, and in the end the person you were is gone too. You can never escape the past if you keep looking back- like Lot’s wife, lol. Take a long last look at your baggage… and then throw it away, and start out fresh.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I remember back to when I was first DF, a long time ago now, and I did struggle with lonliness and depression. Because it was a divorce as well as DF, and I had also just sold my business, sometimes I would go a whole day from morning to night and go back to bed having spoken to no-one. I remember thinking it was like solitary confinement what the disfellowshipping had done to me. I think there is a human imperative to seek people out and make friends, and this does happen over time, and if that's hard for you, it can come with something simple like starting a new job or college etc. (I did both). Even today though many years later - my life still feels "compartmentalised" - maybe a subject for anoither thread but my life has chapters that are completely seperate one from the other.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I was speaking to an old freind of mine who still is in the org, she said to me that were misfits of society, we dont belong anywhere.

well i know how she feels, but i know what my problem is, im not busy enough. due to my current health situation im home too much, plus my mother is a jw and i see her all the time so its always in my face, she is a preachy person. shes 73 otherwise id argue with her.

having a job for me where i can meet people would be great. or taking adult learning classes at my local college.

i have too much time on my hands to think about it and do research. so maybe you need to be busier. lol

the last thing Id want to do is let new people I meet know i was a jws, it instantly puts an image in ther minds. they form an idea.

and an association i dont want.

if religion happens to come up in conversation, then maybe,maybe, you can say what you once used to be, but otherwise, we have to put it out of our lives, because we cant change the past only our future.

he more i research the more i discover logical and believable info, but troubling,

[for ex. the info that jesus never exsisted to begin with.]

but thing is I know a lot of people that are not jws and they have very few freinds as well, its seems that this computer and cell phone age has ruined peoples ability and desire to gather together . there are so many lonely people in the world, and it makes no sense to me.

here we all are living next to each other working and worhsiping, and yet no one has time for a few hours of social relaxation ?

we ave our kids sitting in the house on their cell phones texting for hours, and not hanging out together!

so its not just jws that have the problem with getting off thier a@@ and inviting people over or going ot the park to play games or something.

we have to make an effort to do something.

I hope you can step out of your zone, and grab a chance to be the nice guy who does the arranging for fun,

now, save some money, and go bowling, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit