'She wasn't a Jehovah's Witness anyway...'

by NAVYTOWN 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

I also remember well how for every natural disaster, my Jw family member (me included) would wonder if there were any JWs hurt or among the fatalities. Case in point, the 2004 tsunami in Asia...our first thought was "I hope no witnesses were hurt, no KH destroyed"...

Similar thoughts about the Katrina hurricane and other disasters...I feel so ashamed of our coldness and utter lack of empathy and human compassion.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

@stubble, In fairness that quote you pulled was used as an example of what NOT to do or say. The "good" elders didnt say any thing of that sort. Lets hang them for they actually say

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

JW's are taught to help only their own, and they don't do that very well unless there is some kind of insurance payoff when it is all said and done. There has always been a lack of concern and "kindness" toward the non-JW. Just like the Israelites. The "chosen" have always looked down on the "lost."

• bobert
    bobert

I heard stuff like that a couple of times.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I saw my hubby's first worry about missing a meeting, when his parents in turn declined and passed away. Priorities! Be at your mama's side! You don't get this moment again.

• BU2B
    BU2B

This is not just a JW thing. It has always irritated me how in a natural disaster or terror attack, our news always goes right to how many Americans were killed. Very little concern for those who are not American. JWs are a microcasm of society at large.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit