JW's on a Saturday morning.

by donny 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• naazira
    naazira

Good job

• smiddy
    smiddy

You did well donny to keep your cool and not let on your involvement with the witnesses.I had a similar experience holidaying interstate when jw`s called at my residence , I made sure I didnt use watchtower speak and only used christendoms language to throw them off the track , the main guy who did all the talking stated jokingly " you seem to know more about my religion than I do " LOL

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done Donny ! the conclusion to your story has made me resolve that any JW that offers to get back to me will be made to feel guilty if they do not, I shall say something like:

"Oh that will be great, I was beginning to think you people could not in fact expalin your beliefs, as JW's have promised to get back to me and never have, you won't be like that will you ?"

This is true of course, I am still waiting for the Elder to drop by who was going to get back to me all those years ago to prove 1914 to me, and I am waiting for the two Elders I spoke to recently to get back to me, the ones I told they had to convince me, a lover of truth, that they now really had the truth.

You and I Donny had better not hold our breath while we wait.

Well done again.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

"Sure." I gave him my address and I look forward to his explanation. I have a feeling that I will not be hearing from anyone anytime soon.

Or ever.

Good job. I don't think most could explain it. The 1914 date has reasoning that can easily be understood, even if the 607 date is wrong, but the 1919 explanation doesn't make much sense.

• Zoos
    Zoos

"Well yes it is, but that is rarely shared with people who are not of our faith?"

Because they KNOW how whacked it sounds.

Even when I was completely in and hopelessly indoctrinated I struggled making sense of the 1919 explanation. I shrugged it off as over my head - not spiritually mature enough to understand.

• stillin
    stillin

Arriving at 1914 involves a lot of scripture cherry-picking. does anybody know what the source material was for 607BC being the year of Jerusalem's fall?

1914 wasn't just another example of looking back and squeezing the facts to your own purposes, was it?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

It just dawned on me. Do the JWs hand out in the D2D the most recent WT and AWAKE? Yet they do the study of that same WT about 3 months later, is that correct? Isn't that absolutely backward? How do they explain anything inside the WT without the study ( In the JW mindset anyway). I rationally understand much if it is not in reality explained , it is indoctrination, but still. It makes more sense why the JW does not want to discuss that WT, except for the KM instruction of pre planned Q&E.

Sorry for the rather off topic post.

• Listener
    Listener

Good job Donny. Who else are going to open the minds of Jws if we don't do it? It is very verve wrecking but the more we make an effort to do it the easier it will become.

• stillin
    stillin

Nonjwspouse, things have changed since your last meeting. The Witnesses now have a "study edition" WT which is NOT placed in the door to door work.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I've neer been to a meeting stillin, but this public version handed out now, is still months away from studying the study version of it, correct? They are handing out a current public version of the WT, which they will not actually study in the JW version for months. They haven't yet been told what to think except in the KM. Correct? ( Since the "strong" JW does not think independantly )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit