New Bethel Facility - Fort Lauderdale Remote Translation Office (RTO)

by daniel-p 12 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Hey all, it's been a long time since I've posted anything here.

This may be of interest to some people, or not. And I'm not sure if this has been announced in the congregations, even, because thankfully I have not attended any meetings in quite some time. So, based on my Bethel contact(s), the sign language translation teams currently at Patterson are going to be relocated to a new "mini-Bethel" in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The entire sign-language department will be moving there in November of this year.

The buildings that will be used are currently being renovated--I believe they are already purchased by Watchtower. When complete, they will be an official Bethel facility and everyone there (approximately 40 souls) will still be considered Bethelites.

Why moving to Florida? As it was explained to me: there are lots of foreign language populations in the area and being nearer to these populations will allow the translation teams to keep in touch with evolving dialects and such.

So there you have it. Personally, I find it only mildly interesting.

• prologos
    prologos

that would be the second one, after the purchase in Palm Coast south of Jacksonville.

Patterson/Warwick winter haven.

why not? if you have all that money. Florida is cheap. and warm.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Yes, and now the Sign Language Idols brothers will be closer to their large adoring sign language congs. Everyone knows the names and details of the ones who perform on the sign language videos. You should see the way the dubs crowd around them at conventions...if they could, the dubs would be taking selfies with them and getting autographs. No lie. It's a bizarro world in jdub sign language. Just sayin...

Oh, wait! You've seen the masturbation video. Never mind.

• millie210
    millie210

Florida is NOT more mutilingual than NYC so I am suspicious of the so called "reason".

Wasnt Beth Sarim in California?

Well this time around maybe Fla is the temperate headquarter paradise.....

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Interesting, thanks for posting. It sounds an awful lot like the (phoney) rationale for this too http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/279555/1/WTS-buys-c2a31-000-000-luxury-sea-front-property-in-Wales-UK

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Oh, wait! You've seen the masturbation video. Never mind.

Ha ha, I like the expression on his face.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

AHHH...Beth Sarim east.............. Question..can one even build a bunker compound in Florida? Ground water levels and all?

• prologos
    prologos

Yes you can, but it is expensive. Nasa has some silos underground in Cape Canaveral, in one of them they buried the remains of the Challenger disaster.

All you really need is symbolic invisible blood on your doorposts. bsw. there is a few miles of truely pristine beaches just douth of the Ft Lauderdale harbour inlet. for undisturbed meditation on TTATT. great at sun up.

tit for ttatt.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its becoming more obvious that these language buildings their buying are nothing more than vacation retreats for the leaders of the Borg.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Do we know for sure that this story about Ft Lauderdale isn't perhaps the same place as the Palm Coast purchase recently which is a bit north of Ft. Lauderdale? You know how rumours spread, and facts get distorted. We know the Palm Coast story is true from news reports, but so far nothing that I have seen about Ft. Lauderdale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit