Wow more heavy artillery propaganda from the 11/14 WT!!!!!

by BU2B 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BU2B
    BU2B

Every paragraph and every article in this issue is nonstop heavy artillery fire propaganda. I have never seen a WT so full of logical fallacies, appeals to emotion, appeals to authority, guilt tripping and BITE techniques all in one issue!

Paragraph 9 states clearly that even though the GB is imperfect, that does not matter, WE MUST OBEY THEM ANYWAYS. It says explicitly that we must be obedient, not to God or Christ, but the organization! I have never seen it said so clearly that we must obey the organization.

If this paragraph, hell this whole magazine does not wake up borderline thinkig JWs nothing will! It screams CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT CULT

9 Consider the heartfelt expressions of three brothers who have the earthly hope and who for decades have worked closely with members of the Governing Body. One commented: “While this has indeed been a unique privilege of service, the close association has from time to time revealed that, although spirit anointed, these brothers are imperfect. Yet, one of my goals over the years has been to be obedient to those taking the lead.” The second brother stated: “Such scriptures as 2 Corinthians 10:5, about ‘obedience to Christ,’ have helped me to be obedient and cooperate with those taking the lead. This is obedience from the heart.” The third brother said: “Loving what Jehovah loves and hating what he hates, as well as constantly seeking his guidance and doing what pleases him, means obedience to his organization and to those he is using to advance his purpose for the earth.” This brother had learned that Nathan Knorr, who became a member of the Governing Body, readily accepted points in the 1925 Watch Tower article “Birth of the Nation,” even though some others questioned them. Such obedience deeply impressed the brother. Pondering over the words of the three men just quoted can help you prove yourself holy by being obedient.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Blind obedience.

Thats all they care about anymore.

• sir82
    sir82

Consider the heartfelt expressions of three brothers who have the earthly hope and who for decades have worked closely with members of the Governing Body.

Sounds llike the Adams brothers.

I had Joel as an instructor at an elders' school once. Talk about a company man! My impression was that the WTS is, quite literally, everything to him.

• BU2B
    BU2B

None of what was said there had any basis in scripture. Nowhere does the scriptures encourage blind unquestioning obedience to men. If I am wrong, I would like to see the reference.

• BU2B
    BU2B

here is the link to the 1925 article: "Birth of a nation". It is full of refrences to 1874, 1878

• sir82
    sir82

None of what was said there had any basis in scripture.

At the risk of repeating the same point that has been made hundreds or thousands of times on this board....

When has that evermade a difference to WT theology?

• minimus
    minimus

Well, you see, they ARE the Faithful & Discreet Slave. So of course, they must be obeyed. Jesus said so.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I know Sir82, but it seems they are making less and less attempts to even justify themselves. They do not need to because as Minimus said, They are the FDS and they are to be obeyed

• losingit
    losingit

"... obedience to his organization..."

Has this never been said outright?

Seriously, I've read obedience to Jehovah. But to say "obedience to his organization? "

Those with knowledge of the history of the borg, please confirm!

• BU2B
    BU2B

I know losingit, I have never seen it spelled out so explicitly. We know this is what they believe, but to see it spelled out-- WOW!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit