Crowthorne Kingdom Hall (UK) Website

by passwordprotected 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

http://www.crowthornekingdomhall.co.uk/

Looks waaaay too close to JW.Org branding, including the font, for it to be allowed to stay online by borg lawyers. Plus the video gallery page is all JW.Org videos, yet the site carries this in the footer:

"Copyright © 2014 Crowthorne Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses"

The content is clearly JW.Org owned.

My guess is some JW wizzkid has got carried away with himself.

And check out the "News" section:

"

Crowthorne and Great Hollands Congregations welcomes the International Delegates to our special Hosting Day, on Wednesday 20th August 2014.

This will be a day to remember, photos and video will be upload to the online gallery of www.crowthornekingdomhall.co.uk

The Timetable for the Host Day for International Delegates

10:00 a.m. The Coach of delegates will arrive, with a warm welcome from many of our younger one in the congregations – waving welcome banners.

10:20 a.m. Meeting for field service. Partners to work with delegates and territory identified beforehand. Captains to look after group of 8. Territory for others as well.

10:45 a.m. On the ministry.

12:15 p.m. Back at the Kingdom Hall. Drinks and cakes – meeting the congregations. Photos and memorabilia given out by the younger ones of the Crowthorne and Bracknell Great Hollands Congregations.

12:45 p.m. Coach leaves to take the delegates to Henley for a boat trip for the afternoon. Light buffet onboard the boat.

2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Boat trip. Hobbs of Henley. The New Orleans Riverboat. (Car parking will be approx 5-10 minutes away).

4:15 p.m. Farewell to delegates.

4:30 p.m. Boat available for shorter trip of approx 1 hour."

• bigmac
    bigmac

nice looking place--crowthorne i mean--not that kingdum thing

i cant imagine the delegates being to keen in visiting some of the inner-city shit holes ive seen

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Looks like this site might now be down...

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Well that sure didn't last long. Mother must have gotten very upset!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Site is down and for sale on Go Daddy

See other thread on this.

George

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Which thread George? Sorry but I seem to have missed that one.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Site is still down, whilst looking for more info on Kingdom Halls I came across thsi Planning News :

" Application 13/00835/FUL Ward Priestwood And Garth Parish Bracknell

Applicant Trustees Of Kingdom Hall

Proposal Erection of part two storey, part first floor side and rear extension to form 1no.one bedroom residential apartment for staff use, and plant room.

Site Address Kingdom Hall Horsneile Lane Bracknell Berkshire RG42 2DN

Case Officer Alison Ind (01344) 351125 (part time 9.15am to 4.15pm Mon, Wed and Thursday)

Decision Withdrawn. Decision Date 12th June 2014 "

I wonder if this was withdrawn because the JW.Org/WT told the Congregation to, for reasons to do with the claim that they have "staff" ?

• Randomthoughts
    Randomthoughts

Good grief, I used to go to that Kingdom Hall and was there at the quickbuild when it was built.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If that is what they do ......Thank God I am not one of those delegates ! When I have been abroad on a WTS trip to an assembly, a long time ago , free time was free time to site see as you liked . We might make new friends and join up , or not - as you wanted .

My goodness . To be greeted off the bus by flag waving locals...then after a few minutes partnered up for FIELD SERVICE that is not and never would have been my idea of fun - and they have to do an hour and a half of it...

After just a cup of tea and a piece of cake they are sent on a bus to boat trip on the Thames with no real food until a "light buffet" after 2 o clock . Those big eating Americans will be starving ! NB a New Orleans riverboat (small copy) is something for us Brits but if they have real thing at home , wil they be impressed?

Perhaps I am just being grumpy , or seeing it from an ex's perspective but it does not look like a lot of fun.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Which thread George? Sorry but I seem to have missed that one.

I can't just find, I should have marked it at the time. However there was a link (below) which has all the Crowthorne Kingdom Hall domains up for sale. As someone in that thread suggested, you could play havoc with the local congregation by taking that up!

George

http://uk.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?isc=gofduk18&ci=83269

PS FOUND IT:-

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/282698/1/Is-this-the-start-of-a-change-of-policy-regarding-individual-JWs-preparing-internet-pages#.U_I8hkpX1wc

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit