not on JW.ORG: Why did "Holy Spirit" direct Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body member JF Rutherford to build a private luxury compound ( Beth Sarim) during the great depression?

by Balaamsass2 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

1. Does the original house still exist?

2. Is there anyway to find out if Rutherford had a Bomb Shelter built in his second house?

3. Joseph Rutherford taught Jim and Tammy Baker how to scam the religious people.

4. L-Ron was friends with Joseph Rutherford and devised ways of fleecing the flock of their money, they both used their religions for money and power. I think Rutherford was far more wicked than Charles Russell, Rutherford craved the creature worship Pastor Russell enjoyed.

5. Was Rutherford really a Judge? Where did his name come from if he never was sworn in as a Judge?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Bill the house still exists. The surounding land was subdivided and built on. A bomb shelter was accessed through the bathroom.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Sorry Balaam, I had a few more questions I asked above, do you know if the house is still in the same condition with the bomb-sheter still there? Has some Biotech CEO in San Diego taken over Rutherford's Mansion?

• designs
    designs

Saw the house a few years ago. The present owners keep it in nice shape.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The fleecing of the flock continues to this day.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It hard to believe that the people of the day actually believed this BS.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Rutherford seems to have enjoyed the life of a very rich man off the backs of others that could only have dreamed of such wealth.

For him a very successful con.

• sparky1
    sparky1

The JUDGE felt entitled to a summer home would be my guess. After all he had a suite of beautiful rooms in the old 124 building while the average Bethelite had to be crammed into one room with up to 3 other roommates. As the saying goes, "It's good to be KING". ( I can't remember exactly but I think the suite also had its own fireplace.)

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

He seems like a guy who realized it was all BS and just decieded to enjoy the remainder of his life off of the branch.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Bill, the Google Earth coordinates are at the top of the post. Just click and zoom in on Braeburn Ave. Nice digs. Zillow and Trulia will give you property data and values.

Damm I would LOVE to own that place and rent it out for events and Weddings!!!!!!!!!!!LOL $5 for a tour!!! lol

I could have Flipper and crew bring musical instruments and have HUGE!!! A Pasta -events.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit