RELIGIOUS FANATICS

by NAVYTOWN 17 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Want to have fun? Pit together two fanatics from different factions.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Want to have fun? Pit together two fanatics from different factions."

I have observed, or taken part in, a number of encounters/debates between JW's and quite fanatical believers of another persuasion.

But I am wondering, what kind of fanatic would be the ideal one to pit against a JW ?

The fights I took part in all ended in an "agree to differ" kind of draw, most unsatisfactory.

• jgnat
    jgnat

For one thing, their lexicons are completely different. What is completely critical to one is irrelevant to the other. Like an Evangelical trying to convince a Jew that she needs a hope in Heaven. Or a Muslim trying to explain the five-fold path and the Evangelical again, trying to nail down Prophet Origins.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That was the kind of problem with the debates I refer to.

I wonder if pitting a true, non-religious, say, Football fanatic against a fanatical JW would not be more fun and more profitable ?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby is a fanatical baseball fan. Does that count?

• sir82
    sir82

Want to have fun? Pit together two fanatics from different factions.

Oh god...this just brought back horrible nightmares of the days when JWs would go toe-to-toe with fundy Christians on the trinity.

Back in the days when JWs could be bothered to defend their beliefs, that is.

Spittle-flying invective from both sides of the screen door, defending each one's concept of their imaginary deities.....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

We still have some die-hards that will ask someone if they believe in the trinity just so they

can forcefully and argumentatively tell them how wrong they are.

Maybe the only good thing about directing people to the website is they might dial back on the doorstep fanaticism.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Your average rank-and-file JWs aren't fanatics, per se.

The JW leadership, though?

Absolutely, and well on their way towards becoming religious extremists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit