I Don't Think The Witnesses Really Care If You Can Explain Doctrine As Long As You Accept Them!

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Gone are the days of getting into discussions about their beliefs. Doing major research to prove a position or Watchtower doctrine is a thing of the past. All they want from you is to surrender and accept everything they say as undeniable truth.

Do you agree?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I would agree, the answer I have always gotten is something to the effect 'let me ask an elder' and then the topic is never brought up again!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yup, it's gotten to the point where it's just presented as fact and your choice is to believe it or have all your friends and family turn their backs on you.

What a loving organization!

• minimus
    minimus

No more reasoning from the scriptures or even the Watchtower publications. They just have conditioned the sheeple to accept and not question.

• clarity
    clarity

The behavior does not make sense, the only time

jw's will even touch on their belief...is when they

show up at your door.

They only care about their place in the congregations,

monkey see, monkey do.....keeps them in a little

bubble ......while excluding everyone else. To listen

to anything else is so threatening to their world they

will not & can not discuss it! Somewhere in the brain

of a jw is the knowledge that the WT TRUTH is

unexplainabe!

clarity

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

It's been a loooong time since I've heard anyone get into a discussion about doctrine. I'd say the last time anything was discussed in depth was during the last time we went through the revelation book.

These days it's all talk about how life is so awful and the big A is only just around the corner. Any form of substance seems to have disappeared. Thinking about it that's probably why I floated along for so long before opening up to TTATT.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Absolutely agree. Those days are gone. I remember the old days of debates, reasoning, deep research, etc.

No more reasoning from the scriptures or even the Watchtower publications.

Yep, on more.

I think it's deliberate. The org realizes its doctrines are not defendable. It knows that if it sends its drones out to reason and debate, they'll get clobbered and will perhaps begin to see the holes in JW theology. It knows all the old Freddie stuff is baloney. So now the org is playing it safe.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    So now the org is playing it safe.

About the only thing they can talk about is the promise of paradise earth......won't it be great when there will be no more illness, you will be young forever and you can play with the tigers and lions and bears.

They used to try to defend no Trinity, no cross, no holidays and even no blood, but now the conversation twists to paradise earth....and jw.org

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

agree and this is part of what keeps people in. If you are finacially well off, popular in the congregation... what need do you have to question doctrine or to leave even if it doesn't make sense.

• minimus
    minimus

I agree, the WT truth is unexplainable! You can't defend it. You can't explain it. But you just know....it has to be the truth, it just has to be....or are we in trouble!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit