Why do witnesses believe it was Jehovah said they would be persecuted in his name

by goingthruthemotions 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Why do witnesses believe it was Jehovah that said they would be persecuted in his name......it was Jesus that said we would be persecuted in his name. I often hear are the meeting the interchanging of names between Jehovah and Jesus. It seems like the sheeple drones at the meeting have no real clue about the bible or how to believe.

I mentioned this to my wife last night that the poor Christians in Iraq are truly being persecuted in the name of Jesus. Again she gave me a blank stare…..as if trying to comprehend the reality it is in Jesus name and not Jehovah name that we would be persecuted.

I often wonder….do the Witnesses unknowingly practice Trinitarianism?

I believe so.

Shalom

GTTM

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They are not "jesus's witnesses" after all...

• tornapart
    tornapart

They believe that the organisation is Jehovah.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Yup!! The Christian Scriptures say EVERYTHING about being a witness for Christ, and NOTHING about being a witness for Jehovah! http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/259331/1/We-Are-Not-Witnesses-For-JEHOVAH-According-to-the-Bible

But hey, don't let the Holy Scriptures jeopardize a good brand name and merchandising campaign - especially now that the image has been totally revamped with the catchy logo of JW.ORG!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

sheeple drones at the meeting have no real clue about the bible or how to believe.

They have to suspend all critical thinking on the day they get baptised. The time is past for asking questions. It is like you are signed up , part of the movement and expected to be loyal, no matter what....a bit like a footsoldier in the army

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I often hear are the meeting the interchanging of names between Jehovah and Jesus

Yes. As an awake person, I hear this, too. A commenter will read a verse that clearly is Jesus talking, then comment on it by saying, "Here, Jehovah says..."

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Thank you leaving_quietly.....I thought i was the only one to observe this! I truely believe the trinity concept is in full motion on a subliminal level. I giggle to myself sometimes at the clear ignorance of the sheeple.

Shalom

GTTM

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

goingthruthemotions:

I have seen that too many JWs nowadays are painfully ignorant and have limited secular education and care even less what is being taught in the religion.

This is why the religion has reduced things to just having them hand out tracts. It is almost mistake-proof.

This way, there is a limited amount of thinking and almost no conversation to be risked with somebody who may actually ask them a question that they certainly can't answer.

Far too many JWs just think they are in a club that has the magic name and it doesn't really matter what they believe or what current teachings are, as long as they think they are on the "right" side.... I think it is sort of like "my country...right or wrong".

• Zoos
    Zoos

I truly believe the trinity concept is in full motion on a subliminal level.

Mmm... I'm going to disagree with this.

I left the org. over a couple of issues. I learned about everything else after the fact. One of the things that absolutely floored me was how much the GB had demoted Jesus and usurped his position. It never occurred to me just how diminished he actually is in the organization until I was slapped in the face with the evidence.

I mentioned this to my wife last night that the poor Christians in Iraq are truly being persecuted in the name of Jesus. Again she gave me a blank stare…..as if trying to comprehend the reality it is in Jesus name and not Jehovah name that we would be persecuted.

You slapped her in the face with evidence and made her think. Your observation of her reaction is spot on. I don't see any Trinitarian element to it, just a realization that the emphasis has been directed away from Jesus in the WT org.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

I fully agree with you Zoos.....Jesus has been severly demoted. It is a very sad situation. The GB as positioned it's self to be the greater Jesus.....and they have programed the sheeple zombies to accept it. by all the statements they make like " even if it sounds crazy" the sheeple will accept it hook line and sinker....full blown mind control.

as for the trinity statement: i digress.....but i am in dismay that so many substitute Jehovah where jesus should be so often in comments and talks.

Shalom

GTTM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit