Have you seen witnesses texting during meetings?

by yogosans14 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yogosans14
    yogosans14

I was dragged to the Hall last sunday and wendsday and this woman infront of me was using her phone for the study articles and when we were getting up to do a song I saw her quickly sending a text, which shocked me because I know they dont allow that. Are the JWs getting more and more leniant?

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I text all the time. I've seen plenty of people do it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I reckon, pretty soon you will be the odd one out if you are not using a device of some kind at the meeting.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Even a true believer has to do something to occupy their mind during those brain-dead propaganda sessions.

Faders are sending texts about the ridiculous content of the meeting to other apostate friends, but it looks like their following along on their iPad.

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I do it all the time!

Doing stuff on my phone or iPad,(especially like being here on our forum) is the only way I get through the meetings nowadays!

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I sure do, but when you text them & don't get back to you (when you are not in meetings), they always have some lame excuse why they didn't get back to you. I go out in service & they are checking their phones all the time. But when you text them, & they claim they never saw you text...Oh sure... Yet we hear from the platform, make sure you are turn off your electronic devices at the meetings, & out in service, assemblies & conventions...Now, if you are a witness & most of us or them associate with other witnesses, who are they text'in? Most are out in service or at a meeting too, & if not & they should know that whoever is texting their schedule...So, what comes to mind are 2 things, witnesses can tell you what to do, yet not do it themselves & they have association with folks that ain't in the truth...& they don't know when they are at a meeting, so that also lends to the fact that when they are not at meetings, they are not always sick..but associating with non-JW's..

That's just my opinion..

Legacy

• sir82
    sir82

Happens all the time.

Not sure what you mean by "allowing" JWs to do it. What do you think - the elders are going to confiscate phones? It isn't 8th grade. No one is going to get a detention.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I've seen people texting each other while both are in the meeting, sitting accross the hall. They've made a few announcements and local needs parts about it. Everytime they do, people will behave for about a week, then go back to usual.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

In our hall i have seen several brothers/sisters texting, purchasing items on EBay, reading news, and Playing games!

I was even asked by one of elders if we can monitor the internet usage and if we can block games, because someone reported it!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Even elderly JW's who would never have owned or be interested in using a tablet, because of the org's demonising of the internet, have them at the meeetings now.

I hope this bites the borg in the butt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit