Not on JW.org: Has the Watchtower or Awake! ever publicly condemed Radical Islam like they do Christiandom ?

by Balaamsass2 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I have read a pile of vitrol over the years about the Pope and "False" religious leaders of every variety. Why not ISLAM ? Have I missed a more recent AWAKE! headline on the evils of ISLAM?

If it is fear of a Brooklyn car bombing, wouldn't that show a " fear of man" and lack of "reliance on Jehovah" ????

Sam Herd's talk on another thread hows he believes JWs should witness despite dangers. Shouldn't the GB be taking the lead?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Christendom is a soft target, they wont risk having HQ levelled with a suicide truck bomb by getting mouthy about islam.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

The issue at hand is probably more to do with the fact that most christians would never consider Islam a viable alternative religion. The demonization of christendom is just to make the "where else to go to" (even though it's really "whom") question that much more difficult for someone who's thinking of leaving to answer.

That's probably also got something to do with the fact that the WTS produces more atheists (by percentage) than any other religion.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, keep in mind the Protestant roots of the religion. It was the fad at the time of the religion's founding for new religionists to hate on Catholicism. Rutherford took it a step further and created Ultra-Protestants, who hate on all other kinds of Christianity and Western mainstream traditions. I doubt that Society has ever given much thought to Islam (besides the occasional brochure for Muslims).

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Incidently, converts, into the JW fold from Islam, are almost non-existent. One reason being that in the 100 odd years of the JW faith, the slave hasn't found the knowhow or intelligence to conclusively disprove the Quran. The first reason being that C D is a vital part of an Islamists' mental makeup. The second - they are smarter apologists than Christians. Most followers of Islam, as in all cults, are brain washed like the JW's . There is a muslim collegue of mine, whose mother-in-law was told that the Koran speaks about men being given 72 virgins as a reward for leading a life based on the Quran. She refuses to believe, saying the Shias have distorted the meaning of the verse. Similarly when told that the Koran specifically states that" if someone tells you JC is the son of god, do not believe him he is a liar", she said the same thing. She was of the view that, " it was common practice in those days", when told, her prophet was a pedophile! Cognitive dissonance is not endemic to the JW's religion alone. To come to the point, as some have mentioned , the GB don't want their collective annointed ass travelling on a stick of c4- or whatever propellent being used by our Islamist fundamentalists - into oblivion . Muslim nations as a rule don't pay much attention to the JW's preaching. The JW population in Pakistan ( less than 500) and Bangladesh ( less than 200) , to cite two examples, are made up of converts from Christian denominational churches. Even India, which has less than 40,000 JW's, with apopulation of almost 2 billion ( don't believe the 1.2 billion official number), has less than 10 muslims who have converted to JW. Figures doesn't it . Two cults( sorry ! I spelt it wrong) trying to penentrate each other.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

I think people have asked that question on JWN since 2001 and I know the answer. It's the same reason why "South Park" did not air their Mohammed Episode while attacking JWs, Mormons, Scientologist, Canadians and everyone else, their cowards!

Bible Students agreed not to preach to Muslims during Rutherford's reign as Watchtower President, Bible Students were told "Avoid Muslims", "Do Not Call On Muslims" and put all focus on Coptic Christians, Arabian Christians and other's the Islamic or French Rulers permitted. So much for fearlessness, there are Born-Again Christians working in this Countries the Watchtower is not, who has greater faith?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit