Women Please give us men a little credit, we are not so dumb.

by jam 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

eggs in a tuna salad - um no thanks!

There's the man's way and there's the women's way. Women's way usually makes more sense *chuckle*

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It seems to work both ways. Men have their areas where they are dumb, and it seems housework tends to be just that. Women are not as technically minded, but they know how to load their dishwasher and can do the laundry better. And, this is not absolute. Some women can be fantastic engineers. Some can excel in technical matters. And there are men that can load a clothes washer without spreading suds everywhere or ruining the clothes.

This is why men tend to gravitate toward repairs, particularly on things like cars, while women get the detailed work like cleaning and cooking in most cases. In cases where the men are better at repairs and women at general detail work, fine. If not, then they should do what they are better at. But, under no circumstances shall women be denied leadership just because of a few male chauvinist pigs that claim they are not equipped to lead. Most women can manage things just fine.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

We manage our differences by being polite. "Allow ME to peel the boiled eggs, dear. You need to watch those sports games you recorded, I just can't seem to get around to that." LOL!

Marina

• Comatose
    Comatose

Baby I may be peeling this egg wrong, but I can fertilize yours right!

• Listener
    Listener

There's no need to take it so personally (and who said guys weren't sensitive?) She just wants to feel useful and by giving you some advice she feels needed.

• jam
    jam

The life of a JW male can screw with your head. When I was a JW, the

wife would always override my decision (matters concerning family).

We can not afford that home, the next thing I know we are signing

mortgage papers, we need a new car. We had a problem, as a Elder

in no way was I the head of the family, and I knew others (elders) the same.LOL

So now, Holy hell I know I'm not in charge. So at this age I give up, I

have thrown in my hat you ladies win. I don't know what I was thinking,

my Father told me this years ago, "you may think you are the head at

your age (30's) but wait until you reach my age (70,s)". "I have to ask

permission to look into the refrigerator.

And for you ones that may say, "grow some balls", well I have them

and I would like to keep them..Thank you...

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

Man is the head woman is the neck... guess what controls the head?

• TD
    TD
    TD: So what's the solution to move up from common laborer???LOL

I was being flippant along the lines of what DesirousOfChange said

As a general observation though, there's a loss of social rank when a spouse feels their skills in a certain area are far above yours. It doesn't matter if you're a man or a woman and we try to pretend that we're above all this in marriage, but really we're not.

I don't know your wife, but doubt very much if she would tell Gordon Ramsey or Robert Irvine how to peel an egg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit