by truthseeker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• James Brown
    James Brown

Follow the money.

Follow the power.

Where else does it lead?

• losingit
    losingit

BackSearDevil-- that third point of yours is why I had a harder and harder time believing that service was worth anything. Absolutely NOTHING gets accomplished. Who do jws actually HELP?

Iremember a talk a brother gave at the MS school that the ministry was the greatest act of charity perforned. Jws , unlie charitable orgs, save lives. I practically puked when I heard this. WTF? Really? Greater than Doctors without Borders? Red cross? The audacity of the arrogance behind that statement. And ppl actually BELIEVE this crap.

• designs
    designs

Grace is a false doctrine, internal evidence in the NT proves that.

• dugout
    dugout

This Iknow may have been discused in the past. Just Wonderingggggggggggg

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm with you on this one truthseeker. I started a thread a couple of year ago from the same angle but only got one reply (that it's a cult) LOL

Anyway, a c&p of what I wrote:-

The more I'm waking up to TTATT the more I'm realising how much it is living in the OT rather than the NT. Jesus is side-lined by the GB, they say we are in his 'presence' yet they are the ones telling us what to do (rather than the head of the congregation, Christ). They behave like Pharisees yet can't see it (the blind leading the blind). All the time they are going on about the Israelites, prophecies in the OT, 'faithful men of old', the old Laws.. yet Jesus hardly gets a mention.. It's as if they want us to go back to the 'old' ways just like the Jewish Christians in Paul's day wanted. Where is the love and compassion and mercy Jesus taught?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

truthseeker

Good thread!

Jesus hardly gets a mention. They can't ignore him completely but isn't it interesting that the only publication they produced about Jesus, doesn't even have his name on it. It's simply called "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived"

They can and do ignore Him completely by stripping Him of His divinity and authority.

• designs
    designs

Not completely, Jesus to the JW is divine and King of the Kingdom.

This seems more of a complaint from the Evangelicals, you don't normally hear this type of complaint from a Catholic or Orthodox Christian.

• kaik
    kaik

BackseatDevil has the most valid points. I do not see JW as anything remotely related to Judaism. Everything JW believes is far of what Judaism teaches. WT invented its own theology and borrowed from other Christian sects to develop its present nonsense. JW do not worship Jesus as is normal for Christians because they do not believe in salvation through him but from FDS who will be the Noah's ark at the Armageddon. Judaism does not teach original sin nor atonement and dozens other beliefs integrated in JW cult. The reason why WT emphasizes OT is within its structure and culture. It is a cult that lack compassion, charity, and good deeds that are cornerstone of the Christianity. It they would follow Jesus teaching, they would also have to take care of its flock, which will never happen. Ancient Israelities had deeds and support services within their archaic society dealing with poor and needy. WT does not do that. WT is a cult of its own with mash of various beliefs that can change per will of the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit