how is it that some fade out of the org and others seem to be pushed?

by sowhatnow 20 Replies latest jw friends

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

i cant figure out how some persons like my husband and son, simply got too 'busy' and gradually stopped going to meetings, and were totally left alone, and yet some persons

seem to indicate that people were constantly in persuit of them, for a way to disfellowship them.

the ones who fade never get 'disfellowshiped' unless they write a letter formally requesting thier name be of the membership.

just like the jw org tells people who get baptised to do to thier former church,

i havent been to a meeting in a few months however it is also under a 'remodel' im sure im not missed.

so if someone attempts to visit me and i accidentally am home and answer the door,to let me know the kingdom hall is finished , i will simply thank them for letting me know and complain about all my health problems and then pray the phone rings, how likely is it that I too can fade away?

are we under any obligation to write any formal letter?

i could start a rumor that i left my husband again and moved. then no one would find me. they know my marraige is strained so it wouldnt be a surprise. and no one cares either.

are there only certain kinds of persons who get hunted? like those who were/are elders and min. servants? or pioneers

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I ran into one of the elders that was on my JC meeting today and note that i have not been to a meeting since early May, we talked for awhile at least ten minutes while we were waiting for something to be made at the store we were at. He left after talking and never once invited me back to the meetings or said we missed you there, anything...It was as if i never stopped going.

• kairos
    kairos

To fade is to disappear from sight and mind of others.

You can't "check in" from time to time.

It's all on the sly...

You have to become forgotten.

As soon as I quit going, I was immediately forgotten, so, it was pretty easy.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

im hoping im one of the ones that can just fade, but that all depnds om whether or not my mother keeps her opinions to hersself and doesnt

gossip in her car group or to other family. if she pretends its not happening, i might get by, but she is a preachy person who gts under peoples skin.

my parents are in thoer 70s so i being the only one and oldest of my two siblings, to help them i cant risk getting found out.

and believe me it isnt easy whe n my mom preaches at me! i have to ignore her and change the subject.

I know what im going to say f pressured, but hopefully ill just be forgoten, like i always have been.

sorry for the mispells, i cant figure out how to use those tools above they are pictures and i have no idea what they do and can barely see them

i prefer words over pictures lol! plus i need to go to bed!

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

we "faded" for about 2 weeks haha then quit cold turkey! couldnt take it anymore.

• naazira
    naazira

No you're not under any obligation to write a letter. I stopped going to meetings because I was physically fatigued. Things went from there.

• finally awake
    finally awake

if they haven't pestered your husband or son, they probably won't pester you. if you don't talk about your doubts or disbelief,they'll probably ignore you

• Purza
    Purza

I avoided the elders and then moved an hour away. Never heard anything after I moved. The elder in charge of keeping track of me died last year - I still have yet to know from what as he was not very old.

I think you have to be willing to walk away and not keep in touch with anyone in the hall. Years later - when I no longer cared - I salvaged a few friendships through Facebook.

Purza

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I intended to do a slow fade, but just stopped going, couldn't face entering a K.H again. Up until this time I had been the best Meeting attender in our large Congregation, I never missed.

Six months went by before Elders called, (good shepherds ? nah) and they called because I had opened my big mouth about TTATT to a friend from my youth whom I thought I could trust. Ostensibly they called to encourage me, but as they posed the "loyalty" question in several different ways , it was obvious what they were at.

The reason I was chased by them is that they perceived me as a danger to their flock, I was obviously questioning everything.

If you keep your head down, and watch your tongue, you cannot trust even non-attending DF'd ones not to snitch on you, but if you appear just to have "drifted", chances are lazy Elders will not pursue you, at least not more than once or twice, you just have to fob them off then.

• bemused
    bemused

Why on earth would you write a letter? Catholics don't drop a line to the Pope when they decide they don't believe any more. It sounds like you're almost out and your family already are so just forget about the KH and enjoy your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit