How to prove the Watchtower wrong with their own recent literature (May 15th, 2014)

by Zana 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Zana
    Zana

This is very good, at least it will be in a few years. Sorry if it's been posted here before already.

It's in the Watchtower magazine May 15th, 2014, last page: From our archives: They talk about a public speech held in Sao Paolo in 1923 where they also distributed the brochure "Millions who now live will never die" (pictured in the magazine!). A quick calculation: 1923 -> 2014, how many people in the world now are 90 years old or more? Not sure, probably still millions, but not many. So in a few years there is definite proof about the fact, that at least once they printed something wrong. And you don't need to look for it in the internet, apostate literature or decades old watchtower magazines. You can show them openly with their own latest literature. And then ask the question: "How can you be sure, that everything they print today is true? You can't!"

I definitely planted a seed there (in my wife's head).

PS: I found this in the Spanish version of the watchtower (La Atalaya). The not simplified version! Not sure if it's in the English version.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yep, this article is in the English version too. I know some people on here like to say that the Society has changed the talk's name from "Will Never Die" to "May Never Die" to cover over the false prophecy, but here it's clearly written "Will" (it was titled both ways back then, apparently, so both titles are correct).

The fact is that the Society refuses to be ashamed of things that you'd think would make them look bad. Instead of being embarrassed, they embrace the history of changed teachings and just repeat Prov. 4:18 over and over again (as heard in today's WT lesson).

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Even if they acknowledge it was wrong, its just "adjusted thinking", but shows the great zeal those early brothers had blah blah blah.

Everyone old enough to UNDERSTAND what was being said, is certainly dead.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Freddie Franz (the delusional psychotic) gave a talk - it is on this forum, in a recording.

"At first it was said that Millions now living May never Die, but in light of the scriptures it was changed to WILL never die" (words to that effect. its been several years since I listened to it)

HB

• millie210
    millie210

So why would they bring that up now?

I would think it would make them look bad and they would NOT want to mention it?

What gives?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ah, thanks hamsterbait.

So why would they bring that up now?

I would think it would make them look bad and they would NOT want to mention it?

It's a simple tactic, akin to reverse psychology. You get out in front of something to make it less of a stumbling block. Imagine if you'd never heard of that talk because the Society kept it a secret, and then an apostate showed you that it happened? Whereas if the Society shows it to you, you would say, "I already know about that, it's no secret. Big deal."

Similarly, when a Witness tells a new Bible student that they will be told negative things about JWs by friends and neighbors, and it happens, the student says, "The Witnesses were right!" and disregards the negative comments, impressed by the feat of prognostication. At least, it works some of the time.

• millie210
    millie210

Ah, good point Apognophos.

That makes sense.

I have noticed them taking that same tack with the whole "100 years since 1914" also.

They had to acknowledge it or look suspicious. But with all the acknowledging - they really havent said a word.

ETA: By saying they havent said a word - I mean that there hasnt been any depth to their words or any enlightenment.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I wish I could remember which WT issue it was....but it literally had the paragraph reading "May never die...." right next to a picture of the book which read "Will never die...."

I laughed for weeks!!!! I pointed it out to someone I knew still 'in'....and he said 'maybe it was just a mistake?'

LOL.....I knew then I had to let go of trying to help people get out............ that brief convo was so shocking. Literally RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER....and they still 'reasoned' it away.....

• OneEyedJack
    OneEyedJack

Yeah, they even went so far as to say that "if you die after the year 1925, it will be your own fault!" I bet they felt so clever with that one.

heres some clips from his talks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKdwk5SVXM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit