hello everyone

by purrpurr 46 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Question. Can the society put spyware on my computer when I go to jw.org? I'm frightened they will find out I'm on this site??

• phats
    phats

So good to say hi Purr & Lurke,

It's encouraging to see so many putting 2 & 2 together & not getting the WT 4 but there own 4.

Keep looking, Keep searching. Always remember, information is for everyone & it's our job to work things out for ourselves. We don't need someone else to do it for us.

Phats.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Excellent point about how a delayed Armageddon is pretty useless if just as many people are leaving out the back door. Imagine if no Armageddon to fear, where our scientific advances might take us in the next 15 years?

• phats
    phats

It really shows how the borg instills this fear that they will punish us or we will get into trouble for looking elsewhere rather than the love they pertain to have for there sheep. If they truly loved us I don't think that's the way to show us there love but as they don't they only have the stick left in there arsenal to threaten us with.

Phats.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Question. Can the society put spyware on my computer when I go to jw.org? I'm frightened they will find out I'm on this site??

No.. I have scanned that site for any and every kind of malicious software, hidden scripts, trackers, bugs and bots and it's come up clean. Your good.

It also gets a clean bill of health from some of the biggest and well known internet/computer security check services.

Blacklist Status
    Domain clean by Google Safe Browsing: jw.org
    Domain clean by Norton Safe Web: jw.org
    Domain clean on Phish tank: jw.org
    Domain clean on the Opera browser: jw.org
    Domain clean by SiteAdvisor: jw.org
    Domain clean by the Sucuri Malware Labs blacklist: jw.org
    Domain clean on SpamHaus DBL: jw.org
    Domain clean by Bitdefender: jw.org
    Domain clean on Yandex (via Sophos): jw.org
    Domain clean by ESET: jw.org

So unless you leave your IPAD in the hall toilet with this site open you have little to worry about.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Wow! I can really relate to what you said.

things that the society teaches just are not adding up much

I agree. I always had questions and there were always things that didn’t make sense, but I thought I would gain more understanding as time passed. The opposite occurred. Not only did I not get my questions answered, but now I even question the things I thought made sense.

I've been questioning ever since the new light on the 1914 generation.

I think the 1995 generation change is when I really started questioining/doubting, too.

I was there when it was changed in 1995 and to see it change yet again it just seems like the GB are just trying to explain why the new system isn't here yet.

They had to make the 1995 change because the time limit ran out on the doctrine in 1994 (1914 + 80yrs max). The idea they presented in 1995 was really gray and fuzzy and didn’t elicit excitement and actually dampened excitement because it made it seem that the generation could just go on and on with no time limit. The latest teaching, I believe, was brought about because it seems to have a time limit, thus keeping JWs excited about the end, but it also buys the org time because the end of the generation could be decades in the future.

I'm also not happy that the books that I grew up studying are now out of date

I’m not happy about that, either. I constantly think about all the hours that I spent going to Congregation Book Studies when we studied the old deeper prophetic books (mostly Fred Franz stuff). I think about all the time I listened to older ones excitedly discussing the prophecies and explanations presented in those books. Now, for the most part, it’s all forgotten. It seems that the org is abandoning and even trying to hide that era. The org wants to be able to start all over with a new image.

And please be nice to me I'm just a learner about all this it seems...

You seem to have a humble attitude. I believe that’s important. If you keep that attitude, you should feel free to ask or say anything you want on this site.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Yet the society says that its good that it [the end ] hasn't come yet because more people have had the chance to come into the truth

Their reasoning never made sense to me. There are more and more people born every day. No matter when it comes (if it comes at all), there will be people who don't get a "chance to come into the truth". In fact, since more people are being born today than they were a few decades ago, there will actually be MORE who don't get a chance than there would have been then.

none of the watchtower pubs are giving me the answers

Me, either. You're smarter than the rest. They think they have the answers, but clearly they don't. There is clearly something wrong in JW land.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Dis-Member:

Thanks for that post. I imagine a lot of others appreciate it too.

As for the JW.Org site, it is probably a good idea not to create a personal account either.

Bobcat

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome purrpurr!

Congratulations on being able to see that all is not well and on doing something about it.

Cowardice prevents many, but will ultimately consign them to Gehenna per Rev 21:8.

There are many great folks on JWN and you should be fine if you stay humble, avoid arguments like the plague, resolutely ignore the odd hater, and make allowances for those going through a really bad patch or those that occasionally have simply had too much to drink.

Believers also benefit from keeping it rather low key.

Greetings

Fernando

SEQ, Australia

PS - I left mid-2009, and now identify as SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious) after more than 4 decades as RBNS (Religious But Not Spiritual).

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Thanks dis-member! Since you seem to be the techy sort can I ask... If I take my tablet to the meeting and logon to other websites than jw.org through the kingdom hall WiFi can the elders see what programmes, apps and websites are being asscessed through the halls WiFi modem??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit