Jehovah's Witnesses on vaccination (let's remember)

by opusdei1972 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

This a excerpt from the article "The Sacredness of Human Blood (why vaccination is unscriptural)", The Golden Age, February 4, 1931, page 294.

The following is an excerpt from the article: "Vaccination---Why not?", The Golden Age, February 4, 1931, page 298.

And the following is the testimony of a Jehovah's witness, Mrs Braught, who was in Court for refusing to send her children to school, on account of the issue of vaccination. This was published in the Golden Age, 1935, April 24, page 471.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep!

Great thread...

Most witnesses would have no idea about this sort of craziness!

Its for reasons such as this, (and sooooo many more like this topic) and the general lack of knowledge most witnesses have about the history of the org, that I mentally detatched several years ago.

Now I treat everything the org teaches as a joke....

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

In the same way that some Witnesses die for rejecting blood transfusions on supposed scriptural basis, witnesses in the past believed that vaccination was a sin on scriptural basis too. But now, vaccination is no longer an issue for the witnesses. They accept it. What absurd religion !!!

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Interestingly, one quote says:

"All reasonable minds must conclude that it was not the eating of blood that God objected to, but bringing the blood of the beast in contact with the blood of man"

Is not a mess ??

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Everyone is an idiot except for the publishers of the watchtower. How could any reasonable person not agree with them.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What really important to remember is that we must abstain from blood but hemopure (cows Blood) is ok!!

• Listener
    Listener

In true JW Christian fashion she threatens the Judge

If the court insists on inflicting punishment upon me because I am obeying God's law, then the Court must take the consequences before Jehovah God"

They were such great judgemental witnesses even back then.

There is another newspaper article about this Maria J Braught but I can't open it as I am not a subscriber. She was fined another $318 for further offences. That was a lot of money in those days.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Bill Cetnar who worked in the service department during the vaccine ban in the 50's had gone to one of the producers of vaccinations and found out they are not made from blood but from eggs instead. He immediately send a memo to N.H. Knorr informing him that there is no violation of blood by accepting vaccinations. He got no response from the President.

It took several years later to change the policy against vaccinations even though they knew witness kids and familes were suffering for not accepting vaccinations and blood was not involved.. As it was required to have those shots to travel abroad, N.H. Knorr and F.W. franz had to get those shots to oversee their religious scam cult and visit branches. So they changed the policy to a personal matter.

How many JW's died of Polio or other diseases because of this dangerous cult? No one knows because the WT don't care. Those figures will not appear in any WT publication.

Jim Jones killed around 1,000 of his cult members in Guyana. The Watchtower is resposible for hundreds of thousands of lives that have been needlessly lost or imprisoned because of their evil policies (blood ban, marriage ban in 1938, alternative service ban, organ transplant ban, malawi etc).

(you can find Bill Cetnar on youtube where he is interviewed on a TV show with other ex-JWs very insightful facts)

W.H.Conley

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

W.H.Conley - thank you for the post.

Vaccinations have always bothered me so much.

The OPOMC was always opposed to vaccinations.

Having my daughter suffer through chickenpox makes me so angry.

Knowing that she will, at some point, subsequently experience shingles, makes me angrier.

Knowing many JW's who have shingles, including the OPOMC, is criminally stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit