What I'm going to say to JWs offering the JW.org tract

by baltar447 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• baltar447
    baltar447

This is what I'm going to say:

Listen guys, one month I had some bible thumpers knocking at me door telling me about hell. Then I have some weird fundamental religious sponsored "education books for parents to help their children in school". The next I have some south Korean mother god cult come to my door with QR codes on their literature too. First thing I did was google them to find out about them and turns out they are a cult. First thing I'm going to do is google your group and I'd bet good money you're a cult too. Because only Cults recruit. Religions that actually offer something to people don't have to, the people come to them.

Then I'll try to engage them into a discussion about whether they can hold different opinions from whatever their literature says. Because If not, they how is their religion different from say, North Korea? BAM!

• LogCon
    LogCon

Sounds more like

BAM BAM!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yeah, baby!!!

DD

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

brilliant reasoning

• happy@last
    happy@last

Just ask them if they have read it and can they explain it to you.

• steve2
    steve2

"Let's get this straight: You're handing me this tract to visit your website to request someone to visit me? You guys are stranger than I thought you were!"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

All they will say is

"go to jw.org for the answers to EVERYTHING!"

• stillin
    stillin

If I had the chance, I think I would ask why it is that they supply the questions AND the answers. Are they allowed to ask questions of their own? If a question has never been answered in any of their books, does that mean it isn't an important question? Are the billions of people who have never heard of Jehovah not important to God?

Perhaps I might try to explain to them the metaphor of the tempest in a teapot.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "Let's get this straight: You're handing me this tract to visit your website to request someone to visit me?"

LOL!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I would take the tract but in return hand them a printed page of the BITE model identifiers for mind controling cults

and ask them to read it through and see if their organization is a disingenuous mind controlling cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit