What Would It Take To Prove......

by metatron 33 Replies latest jw friends

• warehouse
    warehouse

Indeed. A set of people who may work together temporarily to achieve a goal within the organization that, through the normal chain of command, would get bogged down in political red tape. And not so much of a particular sect or clandestine group, but just friends who want to accomplish something.

I've acted in such a manner on many occasions, and this sort of behavior tends to rear its figurative head when you get into RBC and RC territory. Especially where overseers in charge of a department might not really understand the technology, building codes, equipment, etc. being used. And so a small set of people forms, who, knowing precisely what they are doing, circumvent all authority and pull a trigger, fix a bug, rewire something, to get the job done. This mentality translates into goals and strategies, particularly ones that are facing the public sector or hard facts, such as law/court proceedings, how internet protocols work, or how printing machinery is operated.

So because individuals are accustomed to acting in such a way to prevent the physical failure of buildings, technology, legal matters, and so forth, such individuals may act the same way when spiritual or organizational failures are imminent, as you have articulated. And of course this leads to a tug-of-war scenario between people, departments, congregations, all over the organization.

I've always said the WT is a train with no conductor. A lot of times the only way they survive is by learning from a complete failure, or by someone, or a group of people relinquishing control to others who aren't normally in charge of anything. There's no one leader in control.

Just my thoughts, based solely on observation and experience.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

The "harlot" consists of those anointed partakers in the Kingdom Halls around the world.

The "waters" are the people in those congregations.

The ten kings (governing body) and the wild beast (God's spirit directed organization) hate the "harlot"!

But why?

The answer is here:

Revelation 17:15-17

And he says to me: "The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues. 16  And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. 17  For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.

abe

• metatron
    metatron

I'm not suggesting that they actively get rid of publishers. I'm thinking that they are shifting their priorities away from gathering numbers uncritically.

Many brothers are painfully aware that they have accumulated a huge lump of people who are sick, half crazy and broke. At some point, I wonder if they succumb to the temptation to disregard them, depend on their website and enjoy their vast assets in private.

I think we're seeing this develop but time will tell. We may witness thrilling events - that simultaneously are very sad for dependent, weak people who are Witnesses.

metatron

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

metatron - "Many brothers are painfully aware that they have accumulated a huge lump of people who are sick, half crazy and broke. At some point, I wonder if they succumb to the temptation to disregard them, depend on their website and enjoy their vast assets in private."

Ha!

I sure would.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit