Thinking it through and not liking the result.

by donny 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Conservative christians shoulkd be pro abortion or/and infintice......the safest and best way to give children a free ticket to heaven/paradise.

• donny
    donny

You all are correct. There is no making sense out of senselessness.

• TerryWalstrom
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Religious fundamentalist ideology, taken to its logical extreme, is inevitably bugshit crazy.

It's why Poe's Law is so prescient.

• sir82
    sir82

Similarly, if JWs were really sincere in their beliefs, they'd be more far more effective if they conducted a door-to-door slaughtering work.

As it is, well over 99% of the "householders" reject the JW preaching message. But if the JWs just outright killed them, they would die prior to Armageddon and thus be guaranteed a spot in the "earthly resurrection".

Success rate on "saving people from dying at Armageddon" jumps from < 1% to 100%.

If would be fun to mess with a JW's head like that.

• cappytan
    cappytan

Here's how messed up I used to be:

I actually believed that since the wages sin pays is death, and the only unforgivable sin was 'grieving' the holy spirit, then since I was so miserable I should just kill myself and wake up in paradise. Jehovah would understand. He knows what's in my heart. He knows how I'm suffering and how messed up I am in the head.

Now that I no longer am a believer, though, I don't even think at all about doing something to myself any longer. Why? Because, since I now believe this is all there is, I don't want it to end before I can experience all that life has to offer.

I used to think that not believing in God and having no hope after death would make you miserable and want to just end it all.

For me, it has been the exact opposite.

• suavojr
    suavojr

marking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit