Questions for those who believe in the Watchtower Blood Policy

by Lee Elder 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lee Elder
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Interesting find, well done. Kate xx

• sir82
    sir82

Some JWs could answer some of those, but the whole list would give any JW fits.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Simple questions logically posed. Nice one!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Are you getting any traction for people to actually engage is dialouge?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Very well done Lee !

I can see this being useful for a "Fader", just give the list to an Elder and say "When I receive satisfactory Scriptural answers to these questions I will be back and active".

They will not trouble you further, though a vindictive Elder/BOE could claim you DA'd yourself I guess.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Superb, but it would help if the title of the article was proofread and corrected. Currently reads:

Questions For Those Who Believe in the Watcthower Blood Policy

• inbetween
    inbetween

love the questions, the blood issue was the reason for my starting on the apostate path...

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thought provoking questions--Thank you

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Why can Jehovah’s Witnesses accept 100% of blood fractions and benefit from the blood that others donate, but are not donating blood themselves? Would not giving blood to help save others’ lives, including the lives of your spiritual brothers and sisters, be the loving and Christian thing to do?

Some weeks ago my sister asked this question, and the elders answered it based on an Old Testament principle. So, according to them, Jehovah let israelites to sell carcasses of unbled animals to foreign gentiles. So, the same principle applies for the current people of God. Witnesses can take the permitted blood fractions from wordly people, but they (the witnesses) can't break God's law on blood by donating it.

Of course, my sister disagreed, because she said "we are not under the Law of Moses". But they answered: "some principles remain".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit