Watchtower No Blood Card

by Lee Elder 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lee Elder
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Lee

Thanks.

I was talking to an to a man who lost his wife to this insanity two weeks ago.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thank you. You've helped me a lot the past few years.

• blondie
    blondie

No copy of the alleogenic (sp?) cards that were not handed out. My husband kept a copy.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

You are welcome. Glad to hear you have found the information useful.

Blondie: We will cover the 2001 card in a separate article or just link

to Marvin Shilmer's excellent post on it.

Lee

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Lee the Dec 1993 letter doesn't read right. Other than that, great job.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Could you be more specific? In what way doesn't the 1993 letter not "read right"?

Lee

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Boy that WT December 1, 1993 BOE letter brings back memories. I do remember there is a KM out from about the same period that basically says the same thing as this letter:

'A most serious situation was discovered this past summer at our "Divine Teaching" District Conventions when brothers were asked to produce their Advance Medical Directive/Release card in order to obtain one of the new releases. Some reports claim that more than 50 percent of the cards shown were either unsigned, not witnessed, or outdated. One card offered was dated 1988! This leaves a great number of our brothers unprotected from routine blood transfusions. It also is likely to cause problems for others, since hospital personnel could misinterpret this to mean that Witnesses are not serious or do not have strong convictions on the matter of abstaining from blood.'

Wow 50% of JWs at conventions not serious or lack strong conviction on the matter of WT's blood ban! And this right out of the horse's mouth!

Thank you Lee Elder. Another great article!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Very nice summary.

I would be grateful if you could please give the specific academic sources and empirical data you refer to in the solitary reference in support of this statement at the conclusion of the article:

Especially in view of the fact that it is well-known a significant percentage of Jehovah’s Witness secretly oppose the policy and feel coerced into carrying the blood card or risk exposure as apostates with subsequent shunning.1

Thanks, yadda.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Thanks so much Lee Elder.

I am very happy that I could study all the research of AJWRB and the translation in German. So I was able to ask questions to the elders and HLC members that they were not able to answer.

I can confirm, that many witnesses secretly have doubts about the blood doctrine.

I outed myself with my family, friends and the elders that I don't support this view anymore, and that I would accept blood in an urgency for myself and my child.

Since that some friends told me they can't say how they will react in an urgency. One sister who is a nurse during operations told me, that many witnesses accepted blood in her hospital (in switzerland), but they keep it secret.

Some witnesses I am in contact with just put the issue under the carpet and hope they will not come into such a situation.

I feel very liberated that I took openly a stand for my conscience and against that cruel illogic and bloodguilty policy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit