The New 2015 Insight Book

by FusionTheism 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• richgirl
    richgirl
    They have changed (and shortened) the entry under "Faithful and Discreet slave". It omits what "commentators" have said about the parable at Mt 24:45-47. I suspect they removed it because, since the new light about the FDS in 2012, it undermines the whole basis for the GB claiming that the "slave" is a composite one (ie. a basis for organisation) rather than just referring to individuals.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am not so sure that thee has been a wholesale revision of the Insight book , so that we should refer to it as the 2015 edition. Take the "generation " entry, it does say in a kind of non committal way:

"So his comment about “this generation” logically had an application down to 70 C.E. However, he was also using the word “generation” with reference to humans whose lives would in some way be associated with the foretold events during his presence."

But so does the entry on the c/d rom version 2014 - exactly the same.

I agree that the entry for "Gog" has been altered to reflect the new teaching . The JW website carries this comment "Some updates made to digital publications may not yet appear in the printed editions."

I think that is what is happening, all the time and is the danger and problem with digital WT references on line . They will not tell you what the printed book actually said.

It is like 1984's Winston Smith changing the old newspaper records of "The Party" . The population had no way of knowing what had actually been written in the past. We must keep our books!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    They still use the term 'mentally diseased(tm)'......really??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit