Not on JW.org : Question for Jehovah's Witnesses elders: If pants have Pagan origins, is DENIM demonized ?

by Balaamsass2 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

A yound sister was severely counciled by the Elders for wearing a denim "JEAN SKIRT" to the hall last year. She left with tears in her eyes and never returned.

For the last 50 years DENIM JEANS have been banned at the Brooklyn Bethel breakfast table.

I understand DENIM JEANS are banned even by tourists VISITING BETH ELL. Billy explained the Pants situation in past posts.

So my questions are: WHAT other instances are there of DENIM BANS by Watchtower ? WHEN & Why did the ban start? IF it is because of DeMONZES...WHERE ARE THE DeeeeMOOONZES hiding? In the rivets? Weave? Or the pockets??

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hey Ass, They're in the pockets Duh....... Now if the skirt was simply made out of denim fabric does it then become a conscience issue?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Also what about denim fractions? Is it ok to have denim trim on your skirt? What about faux denim? Is that getting dangerously close to the "unclean thing"?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I think it's about image and about wearing professional attire. For example in my company, I can't wear jeans except on Fridays which is dress down day. Part of the business model of the Watchtower is that publishers need to present themselves as salesmen do; I think it's been like that since the early days.

But interestingly skirts which are made of denim are not viewed the same way as jeans. Most professional places are ok with nice skirts made of denim.

• Splash
    Splash

There is a leaflet describing what clothing is suitable to wear while touring bethel. Denim skirts are specifically mentioned as unsuitable.

Many BoE's use this leaflet as a guide to what is also acceptable in the kingdom hall.

Splash

• 88JM
    88JM

You might also recall the instructions to international convention delgates where again denim was banned - including for all social functions and day trips. The instructions were in another post on here.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

"The Associated Press reports that blue jeans—trousers generally made of blue denim—have become very popular among Hungarian youths. They are said to prefer imported blue jeans made in the West. For these the youngsters are paying the equivalent of $80 a pair, rather than buying the Hungarian variety, reportedly made of inferior denim, for only about $15 each." Awake! May 8, 1977 page 29

Thanks Watchtower Corporation for this useless piece of bullshit information...

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Red Vip, I was told that once, but it makes no sense being because of "image and profession attire". My question is: What company has employees buy cheap polyester suits for a professional image?

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Man, when I read stuff like this, all I can do is shake my head and wonder how I ever put up with this crapola. Soooooooooooooo happy I am free. Wish I was brave enough to ask my family who are still in what they think when they are told stuff like this, but dont want to open a can of worms as long as they are still speaking to me.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"What about denim fractions?" - HA !!

Good one 3rdgen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit