Gestapo Tactics - the Wayne Rogers story

by Lee Elder 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

My wife immediately distanced herself from me, and treated me with great distrust and suspicion. She refused to even hear the reasons why I had taken my stand ... she would run from the house with her hands over her ears.

About a dozen years ago I tried to talk to my then wife, a born-in JW, about some of my concerns with the organization. (My initial concerns were about the UN/NGO issues, but my wife and I were also not on the same page about the society's ever-changing views on blood).

I distinctly remember trying to talk to her about the WTBTS being an NGO of the United Nations. She put her hands over her ear and walked away yelling something to the effect of, "I'm not hearing this!"

Although we didn't separate for another 5 or 6 years, I realized in retrospect that that was the moment our marriage ended.

My now ex-wife didn't immediately turn me into the elders (I was one of them), but when I made my decision to leave she took actions to throw me under the bus just as sure as your ex- did.

This is a cult!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Bringing this back up. This story was #1 on my JW Google news scan today. Is the victim a group member? Any updates?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit