Wow! Are You Stumped By Anything This 'Still-in' X-JW says?

by Island Man 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBZn9aRIc28

I think he needs help. I feel pity for him.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I left the following comment under his video:

"From the mid to late 1960s up until 1975, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society gave many strong hints and insinuations that the end of the system of things would come in 1975. In talks at conventions speakers were more explicit in their claims that 1975 would mark the end. The 1975 prediction proved to be false.

There were other false end time predictions made earlier in the history of the organization which also turned out to be false.

Notably, very early in its history, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society / C.T. Russel published a book filled with failed end time predictions entitled "The Time is at hand".

Now compare this history - and especially the title of the above mentioned book - with this text in Luke 21:8:

"And he said, “See that you are not led astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and, ‘The time is at hand!’ Do not go after them."

The JW organization comes in Jesus' name saying Jesus appointed their leaders as his sole channel and slave, and they have a history of falsely proclaiming "the time is at hand".

What is any sincere student of the bible who endeavors to obey Jesus, supposed to do? Are they supposed to ignore Jesus' clear warning in Luke 21:8 and follow after your organization which has repeatedly claimed the time is at hand? Are they supposed to believe that Jesus chose as his faithful and discreet slave, the very kind of people he warned his followers at Luke 21:8 to not go after?

Making false end time predictions is not evidence of keeping on the watch. Those keeping on the watch are ever mindful of Jesus' statement that you do not know the day or the hour. Making false end time predictions is evidence of being those whom Jesus said not to go after. Who are you going to believe - Jesus' plain, unequivocal words at Luke 21:8; or the excuses and self-justifications of a proven false prophet?"

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Island man, great response!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Well done!

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

The Bank Analogy is lame, if I was put off by a bank, in the fashion he's describing, I'd tell the bank to piss-off and go to another bank ASAP.

Where does he get the idea that I (or anyone for that matter) would exercise infinite patience with a bank? I'd take my business elsewhere.

This is absurd and his argument seemed like unintended irony. I believe that this glosses over the potential, intended goal of setting end-time expectations to create a false sense of urgency. It is apparent that this sense of urgency is vital to the movement. I have faded but I was a "born-in" and so I've heard this urgent "hastening to the end" story for 55 years. My wife still harps on how "things are so bad and getting worse" and I have to explain to her that they are not, statistically.

Actual versus reported. We are now seeing things in the news that used to go unreported because the evening news only had about 48 minutes to tell the tales on the national and international level. With the current, high-speed, 24/7 news cycle, they can harp on every car-jacking and shooting. Even though it's not like these types of things weren't occurring in the 50's and 60's. They just had fewer opportunities to televise them.

Now, they're showing stuff that would have been restricted to local news outlets. This makes it appear that there is more. There is more, more reporting.

I'll give you a perfect example;

I worked in Western Alaska for many years. I delivered freight and fuel to the Kotzebue Sound village of Kivalina. About a year ago I saw this asinine news story about how the village of Kivalina was suffering from Anthropogenic Global Warming and how it was slowly being "washed away" due to rising water levels.

This is pure, unadulterated, BS. The natives built this village on an Effing gravel bar (think about the man that built his house on the sand instead of the rock-mass) and the scouring action of the ice-floes cause an inevitable erosion of the shoreward portions of this gravel bar. The village has probably had to move, dozens of times in the course of its history.

This sort of story comes from idiots (scientists?) that don't spend enough time there and they use it to scare stupid people. However, this is what's passing for news and it's this sort of propaganda that is leaving the idea that things are getting worse (hence the end must be so very close).

http://www.crpe-ej.org/crpe/index.php/component/content/article/256-kivalina-files-petition-with-supreme-court

This isn't a story about AGW causing the erosion of a gravel bar. This is about attorneys finding another way to make a buck.

Kivalina's a shyte-hole anyway and good riddance to it. Mosquito infested, dismal, typical, smelly tundra backwater.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

My Comment Posted:

1. Jehovah's Witnesses leaders make corrections when their prophecies don't come true or are about to fail....they have no choice. They never admit to being wrong, they only say that God didn't think it was necessary for them to have the correct understanding at that time, even though the end was supposedly so close and their own salvation was based on having an accurate knowledge.

2. Jehovah's Witness leaders find it necessary to change their understanding of certain significant doctrines they've held for decades while having claimed to be the mouthpiece of God and the bearers of "the truth". At the same time, they condemn other religions for having incorrect understandings of the scriptures and don't recognize any progress or improvements made by other religions and their understandings and practices over the years. Their message and belief is basically "We are good....they are bad....we are saved....they are doomed "

3.They claim to have an urgent and time sensitive message yet for over 100 years have spread misinformation across the planet through their publications. And their members have spent their lives making and spreading literature all over the world with information that is now considered incorrect. They are responsible for millions of people not having accepted the message because it was obviously inaccurate and unbelievable.

4.Since their beliefs weren't actually the truth, It's a good thing Armageddon didn't arrive years ago like they claimed it would. If their members would have pointed out these incorrect understandings decades ago, they would have been shunned even though since then many of the understandings have been changed back and forth.

5. Most Jehovah's Witnesses don't really care what they are told to beleive or understand where their beliefs originated. They like the social aspect of the religion and the warm fuzzy feeling of superiority they get when from having their ears tickled with dreams about being the only ones who won't be killed by God and will live forever. This belief proves to be a distraction for them and a way to cope with the day to day unknowns of life.

6. Unlike Jesus, they are trained to punish anyone who disagrees with them.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Strange video.

If the creator of all we can see from earth, including all of the wonderful beauty here on earth.... was using 1 organization to inform modern man all the thing yet to come...

Well I do not beleive anything would need to be up dated. Teachings like 144K then add Great Crowd.. This Generation.. No blood at all...wait some blood in certain parts.. Governing body not the Faithful Slave...wait , yes it is.. well now it is.

Expand, build more branch offices.. wait, close them now.

Come work at Bethal for life.. wait, your getting older with no medical coverage... leave now.. go back out ther and figure life out at 50. Oh.. we are in need of help now in Bethal, replace with 20 year olds.

Governing body appoints Elders and Sevvants... wait, no the C.O can do it.

CT Russel and JF Ruthaferd were founders of this organization...wait, no they were not. Lets distance ourselves from their false prophsies.

Do not use electronic devices at meetings... oh wait.. use them..

I could go on and on... you get the point.. I no longer beleive God speaks through the WBTS.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

This joker is from a south- east asian country.(India or Sri Lanka) His critical thinking ability is almost non-existent or at best faulty. This is not surprising as is evident from his WT indoctrination and his poorly articulated -and even more poorly reasoned- rationale. That part of the world lives with a slave like mentality adulating and almost worshipping their political leadership, and in fact, worshipping their religious ones. So it's not surprising that this idiot has so much to say in favor of the WT ( without the evidence to back up what he is saying- the best he can come up with is poorly reasoned illustrations.) despite having seen the mountains of evidence against the WT.

On the other hand this may be a ploy to hoodwink the WT leadership to get himself reinstated into the organization. Praise the WT publicly so his deisfellowshipping ( I Would go so far as to guess that he has been disfellowshipped for visiting "apostate" websites) is revoked and he is back on the gravy train. Did he mention he was a MS? Soon to have been an elder?( I didn't pay much attention to his hierarchical claims.)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

He sounds like he's going down the same path of one of our famous posters called 'You Know' another dimwitted disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witness.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/33765/1/APOSTATE-DUBS-STONE-COLD-KILLERS#.U9SK0vldU7E

• Island Man
    Island Man

Great points, Pete Zahut!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit