WT victims memorial day--from i o wight--UK

by bigmac 10 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

flowers were attached to the gates of the kingdom hall--Ryde I O WIGHT UK today in memory of Keith Playford, who lost his life aged 28 for want of a blood transfusion. he was survived by 2 daughters. although this kh was no way connected with him--it is the nearest to his neice--who placed the flowers in his memory.

• bigmac
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I hope she tweeted that to the usual suspects (the atheists with massive followings) and gets some retweets, otherwise it's a bit small scale for just the bro who opens the gate and the passing pedestrians.

But still a nice touch.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

My mum is in the Shanklin congregation on the IoW.

I've been to that KH a few times.

Poor young man. RIP.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Only 28......such a shame ! Should you send the pic to the local press?

• bigmac
    bigmac

@ quelly. my 1st wife--and my daughter & family go to the shanklin hall.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“BluesBrother”: “Should you send the pic to the local press?”

I would say that would be an excellent and most appropriate thing to do. There really should be at least some tidbits published in local “Life” sections and “Religion” sections of the newspapers, because by far the general population is unaware of this stuff going on right under their noses in their own communities.

Also, copies of both those photos should be sent to AAWA (Advocates for Awareness of Watchtower Abuses, at http://aawa.co), as I’m sure they could find some way to incorporate them into an item or two somewhere. Every little bit helps.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

BIG MAC, no way!!!!

I am going to the island on Wednesday, not going to meetings though, obviously!! My mum has been there 10 years now. Her meeting this year is in the morning. Isn't a small world??

Do you know anyone there?? I have a few names but I would PM them to you.

Mental.

• cofty
    cofty

Nice one.

How about campaign for all victims of the blood policy? Maybe we could choose a date?

Put flowers on the railings of your local KH, take a pic and notify the local press.

• bigmac
    bigmac

Quelly--if your coming to the IOW--can we meet up ? how long are you here for ?

i'll PM you my phone numbers x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit