vRemember Those in the Full-Time Service

by thedog1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• thedog1
    thedog1

Forgive me if this has been posted before by somebody else but I am outraged by the Wt study edition for Sep 15 2014 and the study article about remembering those in full-time service. Some choice quotes:

Of course, some have circumstances that do not allow them to share in the ministry full-time at this point. We can be confident that Jehovah values their whole-souled efforts as well. Think of those whom Paul named at Philemon 1-3, including all who were part of the congregation in Colossae. (Read.) Paul appreciated them, and so did Jehovah. In the same way, our heavenly Father appreciates your service. How, though, might you give support to those who are now serving full-time?

This paragraph assumes that everybody would pioneer if they could, and by implication condemns those who through their own choice, free will, conscience etc. decide they do not want to pioneer.

Here's another one: Another sister who was able to pioneer for some years said about the pioneers in her congregation: “They work hard and endlessly. When others offer to drive in service, invite them for a meal, give them a little gas money or some other financial boost, they are grateful. It shows them that you really care.”

This means that we are guilted to not only give pioneers a meal, which we have often done, but to give them 'some other financial boost.' So some pioneers we knew over the years who had an entitlement mentality will just go the whole hog now. I actually had a brother quote this article recently to me to support his notion that Joe Soap Publisher does not understand how expensive it is for Bro Pioneer to keep going!!!

Here we go again! 10 Looking back on her pioneering with other single sisters, one sister who has been in the full-time service for almost 50 years recalls: “Our elders visited the pioneers every couple of months. They asked about our health and secular work and checked to see if we had any concerns. They really meant it. They visited our apartment so that they could see whether we needed assistance.”

This is a curious one. Does this mean that the elders now have to arrange for redecoration of pioneer accommodation and perhaps again some financial contribution?

Here is the next one: How might we assist special pioneers? An elder in a branch office who is in touch with many of them explains: “The elders need to speak to them, find out what their circumstances are, and then determine how they can assist them. Some Witnesses assume that special pioneers are wholly cared for because they get an allowance, but the local brothers can assist them in many ways.” Like regular pioneers, special pioneers appreciate having companions in the field ministry. Can you help in that way?

Perhaps to spare sombodys blushes, there is a little reminder to help in the field ministry at the end of the above paragraph. But the unmistakeable thrust of it is, can you support the special pioneers financially?

But there is more to come. This is one of the best ones. Full-time servants age, and so do their parents. When parents are Witnesses, likely their fondest wish is for their children to stay in their assignments. ( 3 John 4 ) Of course, if their parents need care, full-time servants will do all they can and will come to help them as often as possible. Still, those back home may help those in the full-time ministry by being ready to provide care if aging parents need assistance. Bear in mind that full-time servants have significant responsibilities in the most important work the world has ever known. ( Matt. 28:19, 20 ) Could you or your congregation lend a hand if the parents of full-time servants need help.

We were softened up for this by a previous wt article about helping aged ones ,but this really hammers the point that the org wants the local cong to bail out the full-time servants so that they can stay in their assignments. But, unbelievably, there is more. Back in paragraph 13 of this article it says this

Circuit overseers and their wives are often viewed as spiritually strong, resilient people. This is true of them, yet they too need encouragement, companionship in the ministry, and inclusion in a balanced amount of recreation. What if they get sick and are hospitalized, perhaps needing surgery or physical therapy? How refreshing they find it when local brothers and sisters assist with their needs and take a personal interest in them. We can imagine the concern that “the beloved physician” Luke, writer of the book of Acts, must have shown toward Paul and other traveling companions.

What are the needs described here? Simply a need for companionship and recreation? Or should we read between the lines and mention money? I don't know anymore. Especially when all the new initiatives from the org, like the appeal for couples over 50 to serve where the need is greater is accompanied by a stipulation that these ones must be financially and medically self-sufficient, when those who want to go and serve in Bethel must finance all their own travel arrangements, when those willing to participate in the public witnessing doing the cart work and the stands must take on personal liablity for these things, so that if somebody is sued, then, as the letter to elders specifically states, they are doing this work on their own intiative as a part of their own witnessing. Even though they are using WT publications and the materials, the carts or stands etc. remain the property of the congregation. What insanity is all of this? Compounded by the fact that a temporary co told me recently that this article justified basically the costs the co incurred and not to be questioning it!!!!!!

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

It's the bottom line with them. They are not going to spend a penny nor lose a penny, and they are going to keep us begging at the door for money to send to them. Of course they're going to quote scripture to back up their argument, but just between you and me, what if the Bible is a gigantic hoax?

• hoser
    hoser

Here is the next one: How might we assist special pioneers? An elder in a branch office who is in touch with many of them explains: “The elders need to speak to them, find out what their circumstances are, and then determine how they can assist them. Some Witnesses assume that special pioneers are wholly cared for because they get an allowance, but the local brothers can assist them in many ways.” Like regular pioneers, special pioneers appreciate having companions in the field ministry. Can you help in that way?

this one is priceless!

I know for a fact that the Canada branch Forbids special pioneers to work for money on their vacations. I know one special pioneer that takes his vacation in another province and works for his brothers cleaning business and prays no one at the branch will know about it.

I actually heard him once calling Andre Ramsayer a cheap ass when it comes to the amount they get for an allowance.

hoser

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"We can imagine the concern..."

It really is all about imagination.

Any that might be in a financial position to help other sheeple are expected to financially contribute to WT Corp. FIRST and foremost. And then they are often considered 'materialistic' if they have a good full-time job. It increasingly condemns the very people that are propping up this crazy religion.

Rather than wasting money supporting a work that produces almost not growth in the bOrg, the money should go to education and career counselling for the dubs.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes, everyone needs help & support except the poor R&F Publisher that has a job, a family, a mortgage, a car payment, etc etc. But he is still supposed to kick in and help the CO, the Pioneers, the Special Pioneers, parents of pioneers etc etc.

Too damn bad he didn't go to college so he could make enough money to support the other half of the congregation.

Doc

• JT speaks-out
    JT speaks-out

"Of course, some have circumstances that do not allow them to share in the ministry full-time at this point. We can be confident that Jehovah values their whole-souled efforts as well."

My mother pioneered when I was a kid, even though she couldn't aford to. Now she has a regular job and does what she can. So, I wonder if she will be guilted into quitting her job and going back to pioneering.

"Full-time servants age, and so do their parents. When parents are Witnesses, likely their fondest wish is for their children to stay in their assignments."

What if their parents are not witnesses? Who is supposed to take care of them then? I worry about this for my grandparents.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Financial boost? If I had the money to waste on that, I would instead buy a silver quarter and add it to my stash. And they are getting zero when the dollar becomes toilet paper--they had access to the exact same sources of silver as I did, including the exact same means of accessing those sources. They had access to the exact same information I did, including observing what nearly happened in 2008. I got going in preparing so I wouldn't be replacing cheap crap, and then started stacking silver. Which they could have also. So, I will show no pity for those jokehovian witlesses that are destitute while I have a nice stash of silver hidden from them.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If the GB cared, they would lower pious-sneer hours to 40, then tell the pious-sneers to get a job. 3 weeks on, one week handing out JW.borg business cards. Of course everyone would start wondering why CO doesn't have a job and so on...

DD

• stillin
    stillin

These would be the special pioneers consisting of the ones that gave their best years to Bethel Service only to find themselves carved out of the Bethel Family in the latest restructuring. Sounds like the writers, who still have the perks, have a little guilt of their own to deal with.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Full-time servants age, and so do their parents. When parents are Witnesses, likely their fondest wish is for their children to stay in their assignments. ( 3 John 4 ) Of course, if their parents need care, full-time servants will do all they can and will come to help them as often as possible. Still, those back home may help those in the full-time ministry by being ready to provide care if aging parents need assistance. Bear in mind that full-time servants have significant responsibilities in the most important work the world has ever known.

Hmmm, that reminds me of a Scripture:

And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition! For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother'; and, 'Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.'But you say, 'If a man tells his father or his mother, "Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban"' (that is, given to God)—then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother, thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do." (Mar 7:9-13)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit