New Worldly... I believe its time for me to say: Your right, I'm wrong! According to World Vision, 21% of the population actually lives without proper sanitation and most of them are in the rural area. So comparing the 10% poverty line to that of the USA was wrong.
So now, we are left to wonder exactly what is the ratio for the JW as the message is likely more appealing to the poor. 30%? 40%? What about the other 60% who do have the monney? Do they have enough monney to help the poor in their own countries?
Also, not having access to proper sanitation... does that systematicaly translates to not having acccess to cheep building materials for cheep KHs?
I believe the heart of the issue here is that the JW Org is silent on the actual amounts sent and provides no financial reports of any kind.
One way or another, it is clear that the 1000 Kingdom Halls were not entirely funded by the International JW Community.
Using the logic in the original post concerning the 1000 halls:
- 1/2 were brand new
- 1/4 had a third of their values paid for as they were simply rebuild
- 1/4 were entirely paid for as the previous hall was sold to build a new one somewhere else.
If we draw the poverty line at 40%, this would mean that the international community actually funded 266 Kingdom Halls over the last 12 years, or an average of 22 per year. Lets be concervative and say a KH costs 100,000$ to build and we have 2.2 millions per year (26.4 millions in the last 12 years).