what is the current procedure for moving congregations?

by solomon 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• solomon
    solomon

I am moving congregations soon and what is the best way to do it. Do you just show up in the new place and tell the elders you are new there and they will deal with it?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yes, you can do that. Or not show up at all if that's what you want. You are free to do as you want.

• Londo111
    Londo111

You find the secretary, tell them your old congregation.

Of course, sometimes they will want you to talk to the old congregation secretary and get your records transferred to the new congregation. But if you push back, they might do it themselves.

Of course, this process might take weeks, even months.

• stillin
    stillin

I think that they always look for a letter to arrive, and if it doesn't they will pursue it. Especially for. Rot hers. Sisters may need the accompanying letter if they ever want to pioneer. Gag

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi solomon, Are you moving to another congregation or are you trying to fade quietly by moving to another congregation? If the later, you might get more recommendations about selecting what congregation to move to as well as when to stop attending.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• sporece
    sporece

Just get lost and your life will be so much better. I promise !

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Don't bother.Same shit. Just geography.

Get a new life away from these people.

It works. Promise.

• James Brown
    James Brown

You mean you are moving and changing congregations.

Moving congregations is a whole different matter.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Tell the sect of your former cong that you are moving to xxxx cong.

Tell the sect of the new xxxx cong that you have moved from yyyy cong.

They will coordinate the transfer of your publisher record cards.

Then quit attending the new xxxx cong before they get to know you and expect you to be there.

FADE accomplished.

Doc

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Just attend a few meetings of the new hall....hopefully in a different circuit & district. "Forget" to tell anyone. If they remind you eventually.."Oh I forgot". Eventually EVERYONE will forget.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit