How to Resist Demon Attacks - Caution: Scary Stuff!

by snugglebunny 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Carl Sagan definitely knew what he was taking about what he wrote "The Demon-Haunted World".

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

When I was going to school in Hawaii, someone gave me a figure carved from lava taken from the big island. Almost immediately I began having horrendous luck. I got mugged and was very badly beaten up, almost drowned when I had a massive systems breakdown during a scuba dive, breakdown of every car I went in to Honolulu. I decided to go by bus and every bus I took broke down. Just one thing after another. I figured it was just Hawaii. Couldn't wait to get back to the mainland. But once I got back the problems persisted. Finally, I decided to get rid of everything people had given me while I was there. And one item I became suspicious of was that lava figure. I didn't know that you're supposed to send the bloody thing back, so I just threw it away!

Anyway, it worked. Suddenly everything was coming up roses. Later, I told this story to a friend of mine who had been a Navy Captain in charge of all three Navy hospitals in Hawaii (including Tripler). He was a frequent diver and didn't have a surreptitious bone in his body. He told me about the curse put on lava on the big island by the local goddess, Madam Palé. He also told me there was a visitor's center there that kept thousands of notes on file by people who returned their lava relics, claiming horrible luck. Apparently, as long as you're on the island, it's okay to keep. But even if you go to another island, you're in trouble. So I asked my friend if he believed this, and he shook his head no. "Well," I said, "if someone gave you one of these little relics, would you keep it?" Again he shook his head. "Just because I don't believe in it doesn't mean that something else isn't going on, so," he said, "weighing the advantages of having it against the chance I'm wrong, I just wouldn't do it."

"So even though you don't believe it, you don't want to take the risk based on the testimonies of all those people who had returned theirs?" I said. Yes. Now if the lava was a million dollars, he said, he might take the risk. But seeing that it was lava, the risk wasn't worth it.

It made perfect sense when he put it that way.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I bought a book on ancient Egyptian religion called the book of the Dead. When this book came in the mail the wife got upset and said I was letting demons into the house. I should of told her that at our kingdom hall in the library there was a book by Alexander hislop call Two Babylonians, and this guy was writing about ancient Mesopotamian religion, so apparently there are demons in our KH.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

They are still terrified of anything that has been earmarked as Satanic. My sister and brother in law, went to NZ for a holiday. He bought some sort of gift at a gift store. I think it was a Maori type of design on some sort of lava, served up as a trinket.

He told me how that very night whilst in bed with his wife. He had the worst of demon attacks. It was infact just a terrible dream and we all have those from time to time. In the morning, having suffered through this" dreamon/attack", they went through everything in their luggage. Dismantling every map, flicking the pages in books.......Then they (said to me) prayed. Instantly, the source of this evil became evident. And yes you guessed it due to the foreshadowing........................It was this trinket that was demonised. Upon making this discovery, the awful, terrible, thing, was destroyed. So you see. The JWs love to promote the existence of S as much as possible. If old S is watching, then he must get a real kick out of such "advertising", even if it is negative. It's all the same.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Crazyguy,

This book was on the list of "reads" in our University reading options years ago; for those studying Anthropology or even Philosophy. I had this book of the Dead plus the Golden Bough, a revised version by Frazer..(think I have that authors name correct) I was told to turf it out as my time came to be baptised. The study conductors had actually more than two thirds convinced me of their demon inspired origins.

It was all a load of crap in the end, for the books were about other religious practices, beliefs, origins............you name it, it was fascinating. I can't believe I threw these books and many more valuable books away.

• cofty
    cofty
    Every time I went out in the ministry, I always experienced powerful thoughts of "Go home!"

Hmm I used to get that feeling. Didn't realise it was the deeeemonz!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Demons only attack those who are fighting the fine fight of the faith,

so we don't have to worry about demon attacks. We are not worth

the effort, but 8 million JW's are constantly under attack, in their

beds,from toys, movies, food, people, books, you name it they are

under attack. And you wonder why they are so panic stricken.

Hell I would be a nervous wreck also if I still believe that BS.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Just don't buy keep a SPARLOCK toy!

Then you will be bound to be haunted.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit