JW.ORG Business Cards?

by toweragent 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• toweragent
    toweragent

Did anybody else get an announcement at their meeting about the branch approved jw.org business cards?

Apparantly, they're real slick and fit into your wallet (making it easier to informal witness). The logic was, some people don't want to be handed a big tract and would prefer something smaller.

So strange considering how little there is to those tracts! But we were told soon that the literature department would be getting some in.

Thoughts?

Is this them grasping at straws or is this a good PR move?

What do you think?

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

We got the letter too.

My take: Desperation, money-saving ploy, and a way to let people count even easier field service time.

You could literally leave one of these cards every 15 min somewhere and count your time all day.

It will be advertisement for the website of course which they think is their saving grace. lol

-TE

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

The card is sure to have the QR on it that links back to JW.ORG......... the new Temple.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I wonder if they have completely lost faith in the ability of the average witness to do any Witnessing or recruiting whatsoever? Maybe they figure that if they can get people onto the website, it will be more effective that the usual perfunctory magazine presentation.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

LisaRose- BINGO!!!!! That is certainly a main reason for this shift and re-branding campaign.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

All we have to do is think "corporately". Just think if IBM or McDonald's or Google were handling things. If we think corporately then it is easy to understand what the WTBT$ is doing with this rash of new policies and re-branding.

• wolfman85
  • a watcher
    a watcher

I think the cards are a great idea. I will definitely use them.

"Here's my card".

• Magnum
    Magnum

LisaRose: I wonder if they have completely lost faith in the ability of the average witness to do any Witnessing or recruiting whatsoever?

I think so - and not just the average Witness, but any Witness - from GB on down. The passage of time and the internet expose' and just the general availability of info on the internet have shown all the loopholes in JW theology, brought to light the crazy, deceptive, dishonest, hypocritical JW history, etc. I used to be fearless in witnessing and thought I could outdo any opponent, but I now know that I cannot defernd JW doctrine and history. During the pre-internet days I just happened not to encounter anybody who was knowledgeable enough to counter my arguments. But things are different now.

JWs are getting dumber and dumber and their opposition is gaining more ammo against them every day. I think the days when JWs thought they could go into the field and boldly challenge doctrine and defend theirs are over. With this new situation in JWdom, the only recruits they will get in the economically and technologically superior lands are losers or social misifts or those who are lacking intellegence & knowledge.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wow.

The similarity to Amway just got a little closer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit