Dissoi logoi - Jehovah's Witnesses do have the Truth! My Story Part 3

by objectivetruth 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

That is where the Issue lies, any teaching can be Proven with the Bible.

Ahhhh... now if you started off with this statement in the first place, I would agree with you wholeheartedly. But, the caveat is that any teaching can be proven using methods of eisegesis. In other words, with any bias, the Bible can say anything you want it to say. That's why real, objective, non-biased research is necessary.

Now, if you are okay with being part of a religion that claims to have the truth, but is, in fact, no different than any other biased religion, how do you feel about that? If it suits you, then good for you. But don't say JWs have the Truth when they clearly do not.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

If almost any idea can be proved from the BIble how on earth do you decide what you belive in? And does that not just make any and every idea whimsical fancy? Does not then belief itself become ridiculous and pointless?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I believe what I Believe, but Who am I to Judge some one on what they Believe?

Exactly right. At the same time, who are JWs to judge even fellow JWs on what they believe? That really is the crux of the matter as lives have been destroyed over this.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

If almost any idea can be proved from the BIble how on earth do you decide what you belive in?

This is My Approach -

1. If the Scripture Coincides with God's Love / Power / Justice / Wisdom it is True.

If the Scripture Contradicts these Attributes - I don't understand it Properly, It was Translated Wrong, It is a False Scripture.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I know what I don't believe any more.. as for what I do belive.. I honestly don't have any idea.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

leaving_quietly -

1914 - Agreed = )

Acts 1:7 - Jesus did not Answer their Question.. If I were to ask you, "Will you be Going to the Store Tomorrow" and you Replied, "Don't worry about that, it's none of your Business" The Result would be the same, if I had never asked the Question.. Jesus did not answer, he Just let it be and allowed them to wonder.

declares Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I will write it. And I will become their God, and they will become my people.”" If God is writing his law within people's hearts, how would it be possible to write errors and inaccuracies? - God's Laws are His Statutes,Commandments,Regulations and Not Scriptural Doctrine relating to Prophecy,Chronology and Historical Interpretation..

As Much as an Individual Immitates the Life of Jesus, this Person is Following God's Laws.

If any organization claims to have the truth, then that "truth" changes, and people are expelled, excommunicated, disfellowshipped for not believing their current version of truth, then how could that organization possibly be God's organization?

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers ... thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die. - Deut 13:5-10

Relating to Deut 13:5-10 - JW's equate the Organization as being "God's Word" .. so their practice of disfellowshiping, is in line especially when you consider that the Israelites, stoned someone for almost anything.

Deut 21:18 - " “If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, 19 then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, 20 and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ 21 Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear."

Lev 24:16 - "And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him."

Along the Lines of "The Light gets Brighter" and Changing things.. The Israelites were Very Guilty of this Same Thing.. See Jeremiah 8:8 " “How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie."

A Side Note - I do not Believe that God ever Commanded these Stonings or any other Atrocity that the Israelites added to his Perfect Law. I do believe the Israelites had Evil Tendencies, the same as every other Human in History and they Added these Regulations to God's Laws.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Dis-Member - I came to this Same Frustration.. " Does not then belief itself become ridiculous and pointless? "

One thing that Frustrated me so much are the scriptures that say some thing like "If you have Faith in Jesus, you will have Everlasting Life" But What does this Mean.. What is "Having Faith".

When I decided to stop Obsessing over Knowledge & Doctrine and Rather started to Study Jesus life and the Way he Treated people, I started to Understand what God has Given us.

John 3:16 - " For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

To Believe means Nothing.. But To Believe Jesus, and Follow His Example means Everything. This is the Truth.

When I began Striving To Do instead of Know, is when I started to Understand God & Truth much Clearer.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Acts 1:7 - Jesus did not Answer their Question.. If I were to ask you, "Will you be Going to the Store Tomorrow" and you Replied, "Don't worry about that, it's none of your Business" The Result would be the same, if I had never asked the Question.. Jesus did not answer, he Just let it be and allowed them to wonder.

Ah, but Jesus' answer was a correction when he said: "It does not belong to you to know". You said he didn't correct them. You didn't say he didn't answer them. I addressed your statement about him not correcting them. True, he didn't answer their question, but he DID correct them.

declares Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I will write it. And I will become their God, and they will become my people.”" If God is writing his law within people's hearts, how would it be possible to write errors and inaccuracies? - God's Laws are His Statutes,Commandments,Regulations and Not Scriptural Doctrine relating to Prophecy,Chronology and Historical Interpretation..

I'll give you that at as a technicality, though that does bring into question why so much is written about Jehovah and his Laws (such as the current book, "Draw Close to Jehovah", being studied at the Congregation Bible Study.) Doctrine relating to prophecy, chronology and historical interpretation must be very carefully treaded on. "Do not go beyond the things that are written". JWs do this routinely.

Thanks for quoting the MOSAIC LAW that was abolished. This is the JW mindset. This is not the mind of Christ.

*** edit... saw your "Side Note" edit... I'm glad to hear you say that. ***

• NotNew
    NotNew

First: interpretation is human...not from God! If He does not provide absolute proof then it is not from Him...therefore fallible...that is every human from this standing. IMO

Fallible:

1. capable of making mistakes or being erroneous. "experts can be fallible"

Are humans experts in Gods thoughts? I should be allow to think what He may of been saying...without being liable or labeled "apostate"

SW

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

When I began Striving To Do instead of Know, is when I started to Understand God & Truth much Clearer.

Ok... so now we're converging onto the same path. :)

But, when one does KNOW what isn't true, then being part of that which isn't true is problematic. That's my thinking, anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit