Six y.o. Indian girl raped at school by her teachers.

by fulltimestudent 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Blondie. The statistics about reported rapes show a much lower number of rapes than the sensationalistic media leads us to believe.

Compared to other developed and developing countries, incidence rates of rape per 100,000 people are quite low in India. [ 10 ] [ 11 ] The National Crime Records Bureau suggests a rape rate of 2 per 100,000 people. [ 3 ] [ 12 ] This compares to 8.1 rapes per 100,000 people in Western Europe, 14.7 per 100,000 in Latin America, 40.2 per 100,000 in Southern African region and 28.6 in the United States. [ 13 ]

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm struck by how many men are in the crowds, protesting this child's rape. I think there may be more men than women.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Rape is underreported in India-that is a given in any country, I think. I bet that 24,000 reported is not even close to reality.

In the US, I found that these statistics are reported in Wiki (forgive me!)

90,000 rapes in 2008 and over 200,000 were victims of rape or sexual assault.

We have about 1/4 the population of India. Are we a bit too casual about the rapes reports in our own country? Just as heinous things happen here every day! What's wrong with us? What is wrong with the world that we live in? How is is that our little children, women and even men can be so victimized (in any country?)?

• smiddy
    smiddy

What does one say to a report like this ,

For you people who dont beleive in the death penalty ?

I hope its not your six year old daughter who suffers this.

Castrate the bastards then execute them .

that should send a message to these people that that is not acceptable behaviour

smiddy

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Why are you 'struck' by how many men there are in the photo protesting at this child's rape FlyingHighNow??

Are you surprised that most men are sickened at the abuse of children?

Do you think all men are rapists at heart if given the opportunity?

Just asking.

Hoab

• blondie
    blondie

Reported rape is rare in most countries. But remember in some countries family members kill family members who have been raped...because the family has been dishonored.

Remember, Blondie is reporting not supporting encouraging people to look beyond their own limited experience. If you have better info, share it. I was raped as a child many times by my father as were my siblings. Even my own mother refused to believe it.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/bringing-sex-focus/201201/rape-redefined-the-21st-century

http://discover.ukdataservice.ac.uk/catalogue/?sn=5827

www.esds.ac.uk/doc/5827%5Cmrdoc%5Cpdf%5C5827userguide.pdf

http://www.ighome.com/search.aspx?q=Rape%20in%20the%2021st%20century&cx=partner-pub-9759840060944682:1937503931&cof=FORID:10&ie=UTF-8

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Are you surprised that most men are sickened at the abuse of children?

No. What I am struck by is that the media portrays East Indian men to be very anti-female of any age. It's a good thing, the men in the crowd.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Do you think all men are rapists at heart if given the opportunity?

Absolutely not. Do you think they would?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit