Travel Benefits for the GB and Others in "High Places"

by RubaDub 1 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't want to pee on any of the threads that keep surfacing about how shocked some here are about benefits received from travel, hotels, etc.

These "benefits" are provided by airlines, hotels, etc. for a purpose: THEY WANT TO RETAIN AND BUILD A GOOD BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP.

If you are a decision-maker in any medium or large company and a good customer, they will go out of their way to make you happy. They don't care less whether you're a "higher-up" in the Borg or you are a VP for Dominos Pizza, Schwinn Bicycles, the Red Cross, or anybody else where travel is involved, you automatically move to the front of the line when there are upgrades available (and there generally are on most flights).

If I was a "biggie" traveling for the Society and I DIDN'T get an upgrade, I would not be happy.

Like I said, in most cases, they don't give a rat's behind who you work for or what you do ... it's mainly a dollars and cents thing if you are a good customer. How much more does it really cost an airline, or hotel, to upgrade you when the seat/room they offer you may have been empty anyway. Especially on longer flights including international, do you think everyone sitting in first/business class actually paid the full price?

There is no conspiracy here. It's just the way of doing business.

Rub a Dub

• belbab
    belbab

Back in early ninetees I had occasion to spend a few days with a higher up guy who formerly was in the organisation. He said that when the higher ups travel to various places in the world, they collected frequent flyer miles under their own names. Then when vacation time came they used these travel miles to go to any destination they chose for their vacations.

Yay, go guys, go!

belbab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit