What was the Overall reaction from the world media ,to the Awake article ,may 22nd 1994 regarding "Youths Who Died Refusing Blood".

by smiddy 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I wonder what would be the reaction if they were to release the same magerzines today.

Smiddy - it's just ashame that they couldnt of made these changes back in 1994, and saved some of these children's lives. I remmber the cover of this magerzine but never read it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I thought I would bring this up again to see if any on the forum since that post 9 years ago remembers this Awake article and how they viewed it ?

• Hopeless1
    Hopeless1

Yes Smiddy, I remember it. Difficult to say how I felt about offering it at the time, as a ‘publisher’ you were just to get on with it and do as you’re told, cheerfully!

But in retrospect it’s difficult to think what they expected to achieve by printing such an article, except maybe to say, ‘look at these people, aren’t they wonderful?- they must really love God and have his blessing to martyr their children this way’. ….Which of course is absolute rubbish.

Anyway, it seemed like some kind of weird bragging exercise to me at the time, and now.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I just wondered if maybe newer ex JW`s on here knew that the society held up their indoctrinated youths as martyrs .of a man made up doctrine.

• zachias
    zachias

I saw it and was appalled . A sort of how low can they go sort of thing. I do not recall any reaction from any of the media or authorities.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

It seems bigger to us than the outsiders. As said few read the mags.

The ones I hated to offer were the tanks running over babies, fireballs from heaven, a whole bunch of covers taken from comic books.

Dont forget the deep science; brush your teeth, wash your hands, eat your veggies.

How about more earthquakes? Haiti is the last cited proof. They forgot volcanoes, but krakatoa was before 1914

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit