TODAY I published my book THE MONORAILS of MARS the first JW sci-fi

by Terry 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Congratulations Terry! :) Will I be able to order from Amazon UK?

THANKS!

In the next 24 hours that should be approved. Each country has its own rules about this and that. It's in review now.

Since Europe is much more sensitive to the CULT problem--I suspect a closer inspection is warranted.

It shouldn't take long to see I'm not FOR but AGAINST :)

I really wish I knew a way to "artistically" translate my book into other languages for the foreign market!

• compound complex
    compound complex

I really wish I knew a way to "artistically" translate my book into other languages for the foreign market!

Terry:

I have read novels that were translated from original languages into English, and that superbly so. Each language has its idiomatic peculiarities, which are not always so easily translatable; however, skilled translators are able to capture the feel of the original while staying close to the author's meaning.

Getting it launched in English is just the beginning! Those "artists" will appear and do your work proud.

CC

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Congratulations, Terry. Now, I am going to go have a look.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Intriguing.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Absolutely LOVE science fiction, and to read a science fiction book with an ex-JW perspective/theme? Does it get any better than that??? Freaking awesome!!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Can't wait to read it. I enjoy your first book (in a depressing sort of way) so I'll be ordering pretty soon.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I tried so hard to order your c.o. book today. There is some problem with Amazon. I never heard of Lulu before.

• Terry
    Terry

Ordering from Amazon is problematic at first.

Today I got an e-mail saying I had to increase the DPI on the cover photos and re-submit.

So, it might be Monday before you can order directly from them.

But, the book is instantly available as an e-book on Lulu or you can purchase the paperback.

Lulu.com seems to run just a bit more efficiently, sigh.

• Terry
    Terry

HERE IS MY FIRST OFFICIAL BOOK REVIEW:

By SAHS Jul 16, 2014 “The Monorails of Mars” is certainly quite a creative, eclectic, amusing, and provocative work, on many levels. It combines a graphically descriptive narrative like that of Wilbur Smith, the unnerving twists and turns reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock, and the degree of cosmic fancifulness of the classic series “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” and “Dr. Who” (although “The Monorails of Mars” is absolutely a unique and distinct work).

It uses clever hyperbole in daring to compare rational objectivity against Orwellian-type, corporate-run American “religion” (referred to generically in the book as the “Tower” Society). It takes a cynical look at the monarchial leadership of contemporary evangelical corporate societies using somewhat macabre black humor to convey a deliciously cathartic irreverence – which many would find most fitting, deserved, and gratifying given the deceitful, self-serving shenanigans still very much alive within exclusivistic, parochial, high-control fundamentalist groups. The material is worded, organized, and presented in the manner of an astute and seasoned novelist.

The content is divided into brief chapters to provide sufficient variety to keep the flow fresh and free from monotony or stagnation. The uniquely personal artwork has a stark sophistication which lends itself to the raw yet pensive theme woven throughout. The overall flavor exudes cerebral intrigue wrapped in old-school sophisticated banter yet liberally garnished with raw visceral descriptions.

This book will surely satisfy the palate of any traditional or contemporary reader, and it is particularly geared toward rational, thinking folks who dare to question the operation of mind control and religio-corporate hypocrisy. Terry Walstrom’s book is an excellent and riveting read for all types and ages! ___________________________________________________________________

If my mom were alive and she had the proper education--that would have ben HER review, I'm sure! THANK YOU!!

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

congrats

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit