Life elsewhere

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I of course grew up with star wars in ther 80s and the 3 star treks runing at once in the 90s' so shows depicting aliens never bothered me.

However in 95 I read 'Hyperspace' by Micheo Kuku. My dad picked it up and scanned it saying: "I see no reason jehovah didn't create 2 dimentional creatures we cant see. My dad like alot of the book. But of course he saw it through JW lens.

I did too however in a different way. At the time after wading the book god's miracles seemed to make sense as Jehovah was in the highest dimention and could change anything here.

However the book is not the point of this topic.

My dad believes Jehovah made many animals on many planets even 2 dimentional. At the time I had no problen with this however ittelegent human-like creature were a no as 'Jesus died once for all time'

Now of course I am open to anything. I think this universe contain much life like our and much beyond our understanding.

If those so-called NASA scientist would actually explore Mars or the Moon personally it would not surpirse me to find single-celled life (likely origianlly from earth) living their evolved to surive there. This would end JWS as we know it as they would be proven liars.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

I have never been anywhere but on earth.... Can not say for sure... But WHO really knows? Many speak as if the way they beleive if FACT... I also did at one time... But now... I live in reality

• prologos
    prologos

HTBWC, as you enjoy the choice between the glorious sun and the cool wind of the ocean, cooling shade of the trees,-- how fitting it is to live here, retiring as far west without health care worries on the North american continent and off shore islands.

Life on other planets, in less dimensions, Curved, expanding 2 dimensional flatland? a very very interesting model used by serious theoretists to visualize our spacetime exixtence. choice reads at www.virl.bc.ca

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I reckon there are single celled organisms out there. Out there is very big place so year the chances are good.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

According to recent NASA predictions they say that there could be 100 million worlds in our Galaxy alone that could host "life" as they say every star within our Galaxy could have at least one planet...ergo there are 100 million stars in our Galaxy and with one planet each then one could host life.

Add the fact there are billions and billions of Galaxies each with hundreds of millions of stars in each then you are talking that the probability of life in some form on another planet is pretty much guarenteed.

Ergo there is no god...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

LIFE - on other planets???

The Witchtower Babble and Trash has already pronounced on this back in 79, 80:

It was an Asleep! magazine discussing extra terestrials.

The article said that if life exists on other planets, the WTBTS would know about it, because "Jehovah will not do a single thing unless he tells his prophet about it."

Talk about misapplied scripture!!! I dont have the litterature any more to look it up.

HB

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The existence of aliens wouldn't disprove JW or Christian beliefs. Just because Jesus died for men doesn't tell us anything about intelligent ETs made before us who could have chosen not to rebel against God, or ETs made after us for whom rebellion will not be tolerated because the "issue of sovereignty" was settled with Jesus and Satan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit