Stephen Lett: Crazy Old Kook or Just Really Bad Actor?

by Wild_Thing 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

So, I am reposting this video from wifibandit's thread since it is a bit off topic.

I watched this video and I have to say that this guy really creeps me out. His slow and methodical gestures coupled with with his over-annuciation of EVERY word makes him appear ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!

Either that, or he is just a really bad actor, over-acting everything. Maybe both?

He reminds me of Marshall Applewhite, that crazy cult leader of Heaven's Gate (the cult where everyone killed themselves while sporting terrible boy haircuts and new black tennis shoes). I have posted the Applewhite video below the Lett video for comparison.

Maybe they just both went to the same "So You Want To Be a Cult Leader" seminar. The similarities in style are uncanny.

Lett Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3JvWvJdkxg

Applewhite video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqSZhwu1Rwo

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree with you about the Marshall Applewhite similarity. In fact, I've mentioned that on several older threads. Lett really does make JWdom seem outright cultish.

I used to think I would be intimidated if I had to give a talk with a GB member in the audience, but not anymore; they should be intimidated by me.

In answer to your question, I think Lett is both - a crazy kook and a bad actor.

• millie210
    millie210

Aw Magnum you stole my answer!

And here I was going to be all witty and say BOTH!

Ah well....

I guess I will just go with out of the mouth of two witnesses a matter is established.....

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I wonder what would happen to a speaker in the Theocratic Ministry School or public talk if he imitated Lett.

Maybe one of the sisters could give it a try. It would be interesting to try his delivery in the door to door work.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas
    Creepy. Both have beady eyes and the arc expressions with their eyebrows
  • yodastar
    yodastar
    Definitely both and yes very creepy, almost pedo
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I put the two together in one some time ago. See?

Who am I?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

He's definitely got the look and the mannerisms of a genuine mega cult leader. How fitting for him to give regular semi yearly broadcasts for internet fodder. He's a genuine Dumb Ass who believes all his own hyped up bull shit about not asking for money by certain forms of used by the churches.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Stephen Lett: Crazy Old Kook or Just Really Bad Actor?

Image result for watchtower logo

.....................Image result for Watchtower stephen lett

............Image result for kook logo

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Applewaite looks weirder, like an actual alien, even in repose. But Lett is weirder to watch while speaking and to listen to. Applewaites content was weirder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit