DF'd for Blood Transfusion

by lambsbottom 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

So, what is the discipline, if any for a blood transfusion?

• millie210
    millie210

I heard that it has changed in the latest elders manual adjustments but I am not clear on what exactly the specific change is.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I believe accepting a blood transfusion equates to de associating from the cult and in the view of the congregation members it is the same as being disfellowshiped. The announcement would be the same....so and so is no longer a JW.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

According to the Elder's manual, if you don't show repent you will be disassociated.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its a DA offense if you look at the letter of the law.

I believe its more of a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of deal in reality currently.

Hopefully within a decade they will flip to a conscience matter. Nu lite that will actually save lives.

• Fencing
    Fencing

As I recall, it used to be you were disfellowshipped for it - Judicial Comittee and all. Then, they got in trouble with a court in Europe, and magically it changed to claiming that the person who accepted the transfusion "disassociated" themselves by their actions. The end result is exactly the same, but they can now point to the rules when they get sued and say, "See, we don't take punititive action against our members for accepting blood; they choose to leave on their own accord."

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

CORRECTION: According to the Elder's manual, if you don't show repent you will be disassociated have disassociated yourself by your actions.

Same announcement as DFd.

Same treatment as DFd.

Doc

• inbetween
    inbetween

and don`t forget, also a DA calls for a judicial comitee, with or without the accused one. There is no difference in handling and consequence in DF or DA, its just the name in order to deceive media, officials or whoever outside the cult.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

DA does not call for a JC...when someone DA's the elders are supposed to go round and try and "readjust" the person to come back but there is no JC...it is the persons choice to DA hence the elders have no say in it...whilst DF is where you are ousted by the elders...DA is where you leave.

Taking blood is in effect DA since by your actions you are saying you no longer want to be a dub...

• inbetween
    inbetween

even a DA needs three elders to sit and decide, of course in absence of the person, which does not hinder a JC, for example, when there is evidence of someones wrongdoing, even if he does not appear in front of a comitee, it still needs three elders to decide the DF, same with DA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit