Sam Harris on Christian Morality

by cofty 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Sam Harris is one of the more articulate and reasoned writers on the dilemma of Christian faith. For those who struggle to understand how anyone could doubt Christianity, I recommend his books - and no one can accuse himn of being "burnt" by the Watchtower in his decision to leave his Christian faith.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Good rebuttals Defender of Truth.

Many scholars, of all persuasion and biases, have postulated all manner of argument for or against in evaluating this age old question of why does a so-called all-loving and all-powerful God tolerate horrific evil and suffering. Numerous great scholarly articles from some of the brightest minds on the subject can be found at www.infidels.org

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Never heard of him

• jws
    jws

It's not mine. I saw this on a YouTube video.

Many Christians believe God hears their prayers and helps the sick. And when they get better, they give the credit to God.

But the video begs the question. Why doesn't God ever heal amputees?

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I'm not sure why God doesn't cure amputees. But, lately Medical Science has made quite the breakthrough on this. Some believe that cloning is the way to replace a lost limb. There are also some great orthotics. But, nothing can replace a authentic human part. The WT answer of course is wait for the Kingdom, and that will be the answer to your prayers. In the meantime we get old and die, people starve, war breaks out, desease, etc. It's hard to be positive when you dwell on such negatives. Sometimes people develope a chip on their shoulders and look to blame God for this mess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit