recent watchtower article condemning catholic mediator between men and god

by oldregretfuljwx2 23 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Perry- You really need to sit down with a Rabbi and go over such things as Vicarious sacrifices, foregiveness, was blood necessary etc.. Lev.5; Jonah 3 on and on it goes. Human sacrifice was forbidden as any sort of substitution as the Christians are fond of calling Jesus death. This was why after the Temple was destroyed a Jew could have a perfectly good relationship with his/her God without the animals being sacrificed. Flour, oil, frankensense, prayer, contrition and right actions that's it.

Someday it will sink in, I have every confidence in you.

Paul was not just simply wrong in misstating Judaism's positions, he deliberately lied about it.

You've got your rosy-pink tinted Evangelical glasses on :D

• Perry
    Perry

Perry- You really need to sit down with a Rabbi and go over such things

designs, you seem to have simply traded the elders for Rabbis. Remember when you (and me) chose not to believe 2 Tim. 3: 16-17? Remember how that led to our membership in a nasty little cult? I cannot forget that, and you shouldn't forget it so easily either.

Why not just read (and believe) the original documents for yourself?

And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of
    the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities
    of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions
    in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the
    goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit
    man into the wilderness: - Lev.:16:21

And the Levites shall lay their hands upon the
    heads of the bullocks: and thou shalt offer the one
    for a sin offering , and the other for a burnt offering,
    unto the LORD, to make an atonement for the
    Levites. - Numbers 8:12

You REALLY CAN take control of your own mind.

• designs
    designs

Perry- you do realize I am an Atheist. :D

There were different types of Qorbanot and different ways to show gratitude to God, contrition and to make amends in some cases. This is why prayer and good service are acceptable to Jews today based on the Psalms about showing a good heart. Jews have varying views about sacrifices continuing in the messianic era, most see only a Thanksgiving offering which is vegetarian. Even in ancient times when the Temple was standing a Jew understood even animal sacrifices were a personal choice. Lev. 1 uses 'ki' which shows a voluntary act.

Neither religion holds any sway now for me. It is the matter that you choose to believe in documents you consider holy that contain lies and distortions, myths and legends.

• designs
    designs

Paul's misuse of Lev.17 in his Heb.9 is a classic example of bamboozling the Gentiles.

There is a reason Saul changed his name to Paul- we call it being a charlatan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit