RE-branding, is the WT going to be a completely new religion in a few years?

by Crazyguy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Thier pushing JW.ORG and thiers speculation that the name Watchtower is going by by. Also they may even drop the name Jehovah referencing the new bible at pages 1735-37 I believe. Do you think that the names Jehovah's Witnesses, Watchtower, are going away to be replaced by another? Are the magazines going away altogether? And here is the scary thing will they produce a web based app like Internet Explorer or something similar so when JW's get online they go through this app only keeping them from being exposed to Apostate web pages??

• designs
    designs

They've obviously gotten some Marketing Gurus to help Rebrand them.

Hey who doesn't want to be in a Hip group....

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

How about watchtower tv channel

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

I approached some witnesses the other week and had a discussion with them at the end no invitation to the KH but to look at their website bit of a turnaround

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wouldn't say a complete rebranding or reform but certainly they're taking steps to remove some aspects from the

organization , one might be the actual disappearance of the Watchtower identity completely.

What they are doing now is still trying to promote the preaching of god's wonderful Kingdom/Paradise,

but quietly remove some the doctrines which cant be viably useful to accomplish this agenda..

• LV101
    LV101

Talk about an overhaul needed to dress up that cult to even think about enticing normal people. Marketing firms will end up making a boatload.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

JW.org is soooo greasy slick and sanitized its screams, cult.

Under About Us - no mention of disfellowshipping

- no mention of absolute agreement with the governing body -

in fact - I found no mention of the Governing Body or the fact

they must be acknowledged as the "sole channel" betweem

man and God. Can't someone do a jwrealtruth.org ?

Domain names in .org are available jwrealtruth, jwfreed, jwchat,

jwexpose - go to whois and search domains - someone meeds

to put up a copycapt site that will be just as smooth and

lovely as the jw site and if doen right, it could be the best thing

yet. This site is too freeforall to get the job done. And I love

Watters, but he needs to shave and put on some nice clothes.

that picture looks like he is sleeping under a bridge.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I think it already practically is. How much it's changed in the past 5-10 years and the dumbing down with every change.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Well, it's certainly NOT the religion I joined in the '80s!

• Magnum
    Magnum

I agree with EndofMysteries. It already is a new religion. However, I think more changes are to come. It might morph into something extremely different. It's interesting to observe.

I also agree with villagegirl's post.

[note to villagegirl, I think this site has greatly helped a lot of people (including me), but you're right; it is a free-for-all.]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit