Blood Transfusions - What are the risks?

by Lee Elder 31 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

This is a new article that we've just published:

http://ajwrb.org/blood-transfusions-what-are-the-risks

Lee Elder

AJWRB

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good article!

The following diagram is from an article written by attorney Kerry Louderback Wood in the Journal Church and State and shows what the risk of transfusion of Hepatitis B, C and HIV has been over the past four decades:

Clearly, the risks are far less than suggested by the Watchtower Society. You
    can view the Blood brochure online at the Watchtower Society
    website
    and see that even now in 2014 they continue to publish
    the risk rate of 1 death per 13,000 bottles. This despite the fact that the
    actual risk of death is less than 1 per 2,000,000.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have received almost 30 units of blood since March and feel better every time I get it.

Some very vicious JW's on another board have condemned, threatened and calumniated me for receiving

this life saving medical procedure.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Honesty: 'Some very vicious JW's on another board have condemned, threatened and calumniated me for receiving

this life saving medical procedure.'

This past Monday I called HIS (Hospital Information Services) for Jehovah's Witnesses in the Midwest, USA. The person (Chairman for the area) who answered stated that his department overseers the HLCs (Hospital Liaison Committees) and PVGs (Patient Visitation Groups) for that part of the U.S.

This individual stated flat out that as an organization Jehovah's Witnesses are against blood transfusions. But that if an individual member elects to be given a blood transfusion....

1) NO diciplinary action is taken against the member.

2) No disfellowshipping to worry about.

3) The patient faces No repercussions or consequences from the organization or other individual members or from the congregation he is a member of for the blood transfusion.

4) The paitent faces No shunning for taking a blood transfusion.

5) No privileges are taken away for accepting a blood transfusion.

All the above taken right out of the horse's mouth.....so to speak!!!

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

@jw gonebad:

Gah! Why can't they just be 'men' and state that officially in the publications. I cant stand weasels.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

JW GoneBad: That is significant imo. If you could privately send me contact information for

this person it might save some lives. My email address is: [email protected]

Thank you.

Honesty: Ignore the haters.

Lee

• metatron
    metatron

If true, this information is extremely important. I am forced to say 'if true' because the denials sound too sweeping or broad to be honest.

I would love to hear confirmation of this, if available. Things are changing........who knows?

metatron

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Lee Elder be on the lookout for a pm.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

I will be looking for your message.

Lee

• bsmart
    bsmart

By taking a transfusion they still say that you are no longer a witness,,,,, you dissociate yourself. Till I read it in their publications I don't believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit