" Why did you leave the truth?", and, "will you come back ?"

by Phizzy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When in conversation with JW's those questions, or varients of them, often come up.

I have noticed though, that because of their fear of any challenge to their faith, they do not wish to hear the answers, so I have developed an answer which at least I hope accomplishes a couple of things.

What I say to the first question (why did you leave ?) is "Because I am a lover of Truth", to the second,( will I come back ?), somewhat similarly, I say "As a lover of truth I would need it proved to me that you have the truth".

Both responses show that I do in fact challenge what they believe, and that I did not leave out of "weakness", nor simply to enjoy a life of sin, Mrs Phizzy would never let me anyway.

The last JW's I said this to, I actually ended with "there's a challenge for you !".

Of course, I don't expect to find myself a "Return Visit" any time soon.

• blondie
    blondie

I have never had any have a chance to answer those questions I tend to change the subject, but......

I didn't leave your truth, I left the lies.

Why would I return to lies?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Even more blunt than my replies dear Blondie !

I know that such talk gets one labeled as Apostate, or at the very least "Spiritually dangerous", but hopefully it makes the JW feel less comfortable than when they make up what they think your answers will be in their own mind.

Another JW, before the last two, asked me if I "Just drifted away", I said no, I left for good reasons, but she did not wish to find out what those reasons were, so I like to be forearmed now with a good response to such questions..

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Use Jesus own words on them:

"what is truth?"

I love your comment blonde! "I didn't leave the truth, I left the lies!" Awesome!

• blondie
    blondie

Phizzy, no one dares ask me any of those questions, so I'm just considered inactive. I keep to the belief, no pearls before swine. The people who told the BIG lies, know who they are, and the others are just curious because I was such a good jw and then I was gone. The most I have heard is that I stumbled (standard assumption by many jws or jws that leave). JWs still talk to us when we bump into them, those that come by without calling first...well, no call no entrance (I have caller ID and don't return those calls) somewhat circular. The last two elders who "dropped by" found that we did not appreciate their literal foot in our door.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Matt 7: 15-16 ~ “ 15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits."

Is it merely "imperfect humans" or do their error and their actions cross the boundary of "false prophecy" and bad fruitage?

Did the faithful Israelites in the days of Elijah follow the Baal worshipping priests, or did they patiently "wait on Jehovah" to remedy it?

I'm being patient.

BLONDIE: no one dares ask me any of those questions, so I'm just considered inactive.

DITTO. They can't handle the truth!

Doc

• Fernando
    Fernando

Great responses I believe Phizzy, especially since as you say they generally are not (yet) ready to hear, but are at least put on notice, and know they are welcome to return when ready.

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

Because it is a CULT,

And NO i will never go back.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

yup, we know it is a cult, or high control mind control group, whatever. But as I said above, we have but amoment to answer, and to actually call them a cult to their face sends you down ablind aley about definitions.

That is why I prefer an answer that challenges them directly, and cannot be easily deflected even in their own minds.

• AMNESIANO
    AMNESIANO

JW Q: "Why did you leave the truth/stop coming to the meetings?"

My A: In order to obey the scriptural command at Revelation 18:4,5:

I don't quote the scripture. Instead I pause in order to give them time to recall for themselves the exact wording.

(Then I heard another voice from heaven say: "Get out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues, for her sins have piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes.")

As you all are well-aware this is one of the stock scriptures every JW has memorized to apply exclusively to churches of 'Christendom' and 'Babylon the Great.' I begin to smirk a tiny bit once it flashes across their faces that the implication has sunk in. They invariably stop dead in their tracks--dumbfounded, puzzled, and speechless--with nary a "yeahbut" comeback.

Great fun and the best part? It never fails.

AMNESIAN

Captive 7/1972 - 2/2001

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit