why dont more elders leave?

by Crazyguy 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

You would think that what they are exposed to more would wake up and leave, why not? Thoughts.

• earthfire
    earthfire

I wonder the same thing

• StAnn
    StAnn

My brother won't leave because he's afraid my mom will disinherit him like she's done me and my two brothers who left. As soon as Mom dies, brother will fade, I'd put money on it.

I think some stay in because of family.

I think others stay in because of the love of power. Can you think of anything more powerful than being on a JC?

There are lots of ex-elders here who DID leave and I'm proud of them.

StAnn

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Most elders LOVE the power of being top dog!

Just think, they are nothing's in the real world, but "Powerful Stars in Jesus right hand" acording to the WT!

Its gotta go to their heads!

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I guess being called an 'Elder' has a better ring to it than being called a 'window-washer'.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

For the same reason people like me are still executing some kind of exit after 2 years. Fear of the family and social consequences of simply upping sticks and stopping.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Why don't more Elders leave?

Good question!

I can think of one scenario that prevents the average Elder from throwing in the towel:

>>>Elder hubby to his wife:

'Dear I've been thinking of stepping down cause......'

>>>Fanatic devotee Elder wife:

'The hell you are! I enjoy the damn limelight too damn much! Suck it up!'

• Strangelove
    Strangelove

That's a very good question. Unfortunetly, some of the best questions have no answers.

See, I can recall a select few Jdubs who were really smart. No, like really smart. It taught me that it matters not how intelligent a person is, they are still suceptible to their emotions. And their emotions can be manipulated by Cults. I often forget the mentallity I once had. I was almost stubborn with my beliefs.

Elders are exposed to a bit more than your average memeber. But what I'd like to know is how The Governing Body and Bethelites sleep with themselves. Being a born in, having the Governing Body be this almost heavenly presense. That's what I was taught. It's sometimes hard to believe how evil they really are though. When Anthony Morris gave that rant about a Metro Sexual look. I was so appauled, and my heart betrayed. It's like a Cat-Lick learning the Pope is just some guy. Except in our case, these popes are much more decietful. They know all and yet keep there stance. I want to believe they are naive enough to still think they have the Truth. But after awhile, you realize all the hypocrisy is for them to see, and they do nothing to change or realize it's completely false. It was once hard to accept they were in it for the money, but it becomes more and more clear why they make the changes they do. It is always some spin to create more profit.

With a totem pole like that, I don't think it's far fetched at all to suggest Elders are only in it for the image. No matter how much they may say otherwise. Like mine did.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I was going to add that in the world a lot of these janitor and laborer elders now feel some self worth that someone would look up to them.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

There is a certain kind of pressure that comes into play once someone becomes an elder. Every cult recruits people to take control and manage the group. Doing so makes you become part of the cult, you become involved, you feel responsible, you start acting in a way to maintain the status quo, you are now getting validation as a leader, and that feels good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit