BOE * 2014-05-01 Witnessing in public places

by WatchTower87 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

To all bodies of elders.
    The PUBLIC WITNESSING SUPPLIES form (S-80) is also available at the Forms link.
    The congregation secretary should arrange for this letter to be retained in the congregation permanent file of policy letters. He may also wish to update the congregation copy of the Index to Letters—For Bodies of Elders (S-22) at this time as well.

2014-05-01 Witnessing in public places PDF: http://adf.ly/qAgwu

Instruction: press the 'skip ad' button top right, you should then see the download screen more easily

NO VIRUS ;-)

GOOD READ - I love you - WT87

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Thanks for the download.

I especially found point # 4 very interesting ...

Any application to use a mobile cart or to set up a table or kiosk to display literature must be filled out in the
    name of an individual publisher, not in the name of the congregation, any corporation used by the
    organization, or “Jehovah’s Witnesses.” If a small administrative fee is needed in order to acquire
    space in a public area, it is to be paid by the individual publisher, not the congregation. Publishers
    should carefully review any such applications to see what responsibility they are taking upon themselves
    with respect to liability. Publishers who apply to distribute literature at these areas are doing so on their
    own initiative as part of their personal ministry.

organization absolves itself of all liability putting this burden as well as any possible expenses on the publisher, yet, everything else in the letter clearly shows how this avenue of ministry is managed in every other way by the organization

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

also point # 21 ... targeting the seniors in nursing homes

21. Nursing and retirement homes: Some publishers have had success in reaching elderly

persons by approaching the manager or activities director of the facility and volunteering their
    time to encourage residents who might enjoy Bible reading and discussion of Bible accounts. It may
    be explained that volunteers from the congregation would be pleased to read Bible-based material,
    to conduct a free weekly Bible study, or to show Bible-based videos to anyone who wishes to attend.
    Oftentimes, the staff, volunteers, family members of patients, and other visitors will join in the study.
    The service overseer may train well-qualified publishers to make such visits.—km 6/14 pp. 2-4.

• cofty
    cofty

In Knorr's day they fought battles all the way to SCOTUS about their right to preach in public without applying for any sort of licence.

It's appalling how they leave the R&F exposed for legal liability.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Typical. They do anything to take themselves off the hook legally but they pretty much are forcing witnesses to do this.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

They blame the elders for following the governing body's

instructions on protecting pedophiles, they abandon sick

Bethel workers and leave them on their own, they wash their

hands of any possible trouble the publishers might run into,

they lay the burden of all the expenses on the backs of the publishers

and they empty congregation bank accounts and deny responsibilty

for their own flock, these are the Shepherds of the Watchtower.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

“If a small administrative fee is needed in order to acquire space in a public area, it is to be paid by the individual publisher, not the congregation. Publishers should carefully review any such applications to see what responsibility they are taking upon themselves with respect to liability.”

So a pioneer or publisher who generally have menial or low end paying jobs have to in addition to losing a day’s work, and gas up their cars, also pay the “small administrative fee” if required from their own income. How can this religion even get anyone interested anymore, in making all these sacrifices still? What the heck was I thinking over the last 40 years? What an embarrassing, petty, cheap religion this has become!!!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Many thanks for putting that letter on.

I asked some weeks here if anyone had a copy, an elder had told me about it but refused to let me see the actual letter.

George

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Hey Baldeagle:

I agree, this religion is CHEAP and PETTY. I am not surprised in the least. I recognized (even in my youth), that the money always flowed one way in the WTBTS, out of the sheeple's wallets and into the WT bank accounts. When does the average member ever see a dime from the Org? NEVER. It never happens. They just dump more and more responsability, liability, and expense onto the sheeple's shoulders. Soon, the Sheeple will be printing their own literature out from the JW.org website, on a congregation printer, at their OWN expense. It's coming......mark my words. We are already seeing the baby steps towards it. The pushing of iPads in door-to-door use to view publications, etc. Printed literature from Headquarters will be a thing of the past in the next 5 years. Maybe booklets or a bible only for study, but WatchTower & Awake! for sure are on the way out.

The Org takes responsability for NOTHING, and expects credit and praise for EVERYTHING. They are manipulative, money-grubbing, self-centered narcassists, and it is really beginning to show thru. I am so glad to be out of this freakin' Cult that I could do cart-wheels. My parents are probably spinning in their graves if they could see the farce this "truth" has become. It's an incredible site to behold, the de-evolution of this cult to a pitance.

- Wing Commander

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Soon, the Sheeple will be printing their own literature out from the JW.org website, on a congregation printer, at their OWN expense. It's coming......mark my words.

I agree. Would not suprise me if the greedy bastards at the Watchtower sold them the "offical WT quality" paper at a marked up price. Another source of revenue for the WT Corporation cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit