Molestation in the UK.

by phats 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• phats
    phats

According to UK news reports http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28203914 institutions complicit in covering over or withholding current & historical information from the correct authorities when accusations, understandings & informations have been raised will hopefully be investigated.
    This is to include all public associations including the government top brass, the police, the fostering commission as well as religious organisations.
    What will be needed is for brave JW victims to come forward with there experiences & make the LO (loving organisation) accountable for there gross negligence & downright dirty tricks to protect the LO from any criticism or blame.
    What do you think can be done to help these victims come forward & put there necks on the block & get this scum in court.
    Can this site move on something like this?
    Thoughts please.

Phats.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

bump.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

according to Norman Tebbitt there was an almost unconscoius tendency to protect the system. I agree with him and believe that this is true amongst Jehovahs witnesses too. Rather than saying that they are active pedophile protectors I'd suggest that an almost unconscious tendency to protect the system is in place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28182373

A former cabinet minister has said there "may well have been" a political cover-up of child sex abuse in the 1980s.

Lord Tebbit told the Andrew Marr Show the culture at the time was to protect "the establishment" rather than delving "too far" into such claims.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

In a major change in policy, Mr Wanless, who is leading a review into the Home Office's handling of abuse allegations, said he now backed so-called 'mandatory reporting' of abuse.

Mr Wanless told the BBC: 'If someone consciously knows that there is a crime committed against a child, and does nothing about it because they put the reputation of the organisation above the safety of that child, that should be a criminal offence.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2685678/Failing-report-child-abuse-crime-NSPCC-backs-law-change-prevent-cover-ups.html#ixzz36xcOnax8
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

watching this closely heartofboy because secrecy regarding child sexual abuse stretches all the way back to alliances encouraged and formed during time spent at elite educational establishments that prepare candidates for political life.

edit: heartofaboy I ought to have said that the idea that Jehovahs witnesses are pedophile protectors can be challenged on the basis of Norman's Tebbitt's suggestion that there is an almost unconscious urge to protect the system over the child and I would argue that this is conventionally always the case, even in families where most child sexual abuse takes place. Very few are able to work up the consciousness and courage to oppose convention since this is type of action is usually such a major disruption for everyone involved.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I hate to say this but it would require a major change in legislation to get the Wt to ever admit any responsibility in child abuse. Unfortunately with the laws protecting freedom of worship gives them whole range of legal outs. Sorry I can't remember the exact case of the elder who had a number of victims And The DA tried to get the GB to testify. They just threw the statute of limitations at it, and that was it " good night nurse". It annoys me immensely how the law allows them to walk away from the very problem they created, Scott free. Wankers.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

just reading Elizabeth Butler Sloss's findings in the Cleveland scandal she investigated where most of the children were found not to have been abused and were returned to their parents. Here is something from her report that is worth remembering. This raises the question for Jehovahs witnesses of whether or not they can provide a benign environment for any child let alone one who has been abused!!! I know some can but I think most can't owing to the fact that they themselves very often are fleeing from or trying to make sense of the distresses of the world they inhabit and so generally don't have many resources (not saying this condescendingly but trying to be realistic).

There is perhaps less excuse for the assertion that child sexual abuse has lasting effects. Though there was no specific evidence on this subject at the time, the evidence on all other forms of abuse had been collected by Clarke and Clarke (1976) over a decade earlier. This showed that there are no lasting effects as long as the child is placed in a benign environment for long enough after the event – a conclusion that subsequent research into sexual abuse has largely supported.

• cofty
    cofty

Unfortunately with the laws protecting freedom of worship gives them whole range of legal outs

Not in Europe.

• phats
    phats

As I understood it, the WT wouldn't get any choice as to admit it or not. They would be fond gilty in a court of law. I'm sure many of the faithful will indulge in there sanctimonious grief stricken persecution orgasm, but if enough victims come forward together they stand a better chance of getting justice.

Phats.

• givemejustalittlemoretime
    givemejustalittlemoretime

The polica will start invading churches for evidence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit